Search This Blog

06/04/2014

More Repurposed Squidoo Lenses

As said earlier, I started repurposing some low performance Squidooo lenses a few weeks ago. What I did is deleting the lenses in question (began with lens deletion one year ago and went from 200 to 106), wait for a while so as them to disappear from Google's index - and, by the way from the cache - and then posting them to other platforms. 

These platforms cover my own sites, HubPages and Wizzley. Most of the time, those lenses that don't fit within my niche sites will find a new home at HP and Wizzley. 

So I recreated a TV series lens (Agatha Christie's Miss Marple series) that didn't get any visit on Wizzley. It's getting some traffic, not a lot but more than in its previous house. I find the layout more attractive than on its previous one (product reviews). So I'm happy with it as it is and where it is.

Next lens that was repurposed was one of my favorite ones: Eleanor of Aquitaine's life. I rewrote it entirely and ended up with even more content than the one that was on Squidoo. However I split the lens in three different parts: 


I was agreeably surprised to see my first chapter featured on the HubPot Challenge 10 picks of the day two weeks ago. It didn't win the daily HubPot but I was glad to see that I was still able to create good content.

Last year, I already repurposed a lens - that still exists, though - on HubPages. This one was also cut and entirely rewritten - after all, I'm supposed to write better than before - and more focused on one side of my character. 

Thus Louis XIV in Love was published. I find history related pages look nicer on HubPages. The site layout looks more serious with less ads to distract the reader's attention. 

However, and because of this, I plan or relocating former holidays related lenses on Wizzley as the site looks to me better for "fun" stuff.

I'm a 6 years old Hubber and started a niche that I never finished, so I think that time has come to put the finishing touches to that niche, perhaps move two Squidoo lenses from this niche to HubPages - the lenses don't get traffic any more although they were performing very well till mid-2013. It makes me sad as they were hosted on there and were conceived especially for this site layout. I'll rework them like I did with all repurposed lenses. More are going to join the ones listed above in the near future and I'll also work hard relocating those I can on my own sites, splitting them into focused posts and scheduling them so as to always fill my sites with content.





Posted by Holly Day

No comments:

Post a Comment