Search This Blog

27/06/2011

Squidoo Smack Down - Take 2

There are days I'd like to not have been on the Web, keeping my computer turned off, enjoying some garden activities instead of maintaining my stomach ulcers. Days when I'd rather be blind and not see things that shocked me so much that the cold person started to burn so much that I had to take a cold shower as well as a grog - or two - just to calm down.

After the Giant smack down, I had to see THIS and THAT! As if the smack I got right on my face on Friday wasn't enough for a weekend!

While on my angeling duties, I came to a lens that was filled with stolen content. Yes! STOLEN content! Stolen content is content that's taken from another website and not credited! And that is one of the many Squidon'ts! Seems that Squidon'ts don't bother anyone on Squidoo these days.

Moreover, Squidoo TOS requires from us to use only UNIQUE content when building lenses. This means that content taken from another website, properly credited is a big NO-NO!

Third thing that thrilled my attention was that the lens looked like most lenses made by a highly respected lensmaster, who has a thing to create lenses that look like a luxury magazine or a real store... and, at first sight I thought "Oh, she built a fantastic lens!". Then a second look taught me that it wasn't "her" lens but a lens made by someone else who I reported a thousand times to HQ since January 2010 and whose Squidoo accounts should be locked for good for multiple TOS violations - especially stolen content.

I definitely lost my mind when I saw high level lensmasters signed the guestbook! It seems that even angels blessed this abomination!

I made a post about this in the forum, got a few interesting answers, one that questions the angel programme and makes me wonder why I am a Squid angel and why I waste my time looking for bless worthy lenses, recognizing great work when I could just bless garbage and praise sh... It would take less of my highly precious time!!! in addition, I volunteer for angeling, after all, I'm not paid for being honest and having ethical practices, am I? Why do I devote my time?

I mean, everything cited above makes me seriously question my devotion to Squidoo and makes me feel like if I lost four years of my life.

I eventually went to bed at 2 AM and had hard times falling alseep.

However, when I woke up in the morning, I wasn't stressed, almost happy. I watched TV instead of turning the computer on... Don't know why, some unconscious protection of my spirit?

Any way. I finally opened my computer, read the news while drinking my fourth cup coffee, then went to... Squidoo to find out that the Lens of the Day was just a list of movie titles, countdowns and posters.

Now that is a wonderful lens!

Where have Squidoo's high standards gone???????

Is there all what it takes to get awarded: building a lens with movie titles, countdowns and posters?

What a weekend!

Smacked down on Friday... Knocked out on Monday. What's the programme for the rest of the week?

I wonder - and fear - for the future... After all, it took only three days to have me down.
Heart attack. Beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! I'm dead!

See you... for more (bad, worse?) news.


Posted by Squidoo Angel Prosperity66

No comments:

Post a Comment