Search This Blog

16/08/2013

New Group Added to Subdomain Test

And the show still goes on! Now HQ is going to add a new group to the silly subdomain test. One month and a half before Halloween! Needless to say that they could just shoot at us once for all if they want us to never recover from all their tests and blind measures that negatively impacted most of us!

Now we're going to be placed in subdomain test. Yeah! Good... My username is one that I don't use any more - I haven't used it in years ! How could anyone recognize my account if they switch it into "prosperity66.squidoo.com"? Nobody will even know who I am - not to mention that my niches aren't related to the username either.

This happened once with HubPages where their best money makers and traffic drivers lost both traffic and money. Now, Squidoo, which is always one train too late, is copying the mess Hubbers experienced.

And if only they'd do it, let's say... in March 2014. Oh noooooooooooooo! They're going to do that right before Halloween so that us, those that built working and money making Halloween lenses, will see our earnings forfeit once for all.

The way things are going, I'm thinking that HQ is doing that deliberately in a way to punish those that used to earn Squidoo money and build their reputation for having done so. You helped us become an authority site? Now we decided to smack you down. 

Of course, we don't want to produce Aunt Nellie or Uncle Bens lenses either, which is what Squidoo wants nowadays. Perhaps a motive for smacking us down.

Looking at the traffic stats, most of my Halloween lenses that should already be in tier 1 - or should be near entering tier one - are in tier 2, don't seem to be wanting to move from it to the higher one. Moreover, half of my Halloween lenses don't even get 10% of last year's traffic. 

Running a search on Google, I found these lenses but not on page 1 as they used to be. I found them on page 2 or 3 or even on page 10. Google didn't de-index Squidoo lenses, it just doesn't trust the site as it used to do.
It is not a question of lack of traffic, traffic could still be there, it's just a question of site reputation. 

HQ didn't take measures when they were pointed spam, copyright infringments and other Squidont's. Seems that the site is run by kids as adults would take their responsibilities and wouldn't put the fault on the back of their best employees or customers. Adults would act in an adult way: admit they failed and do anything they could to keep their best assets on place, helping them produce great work, make money and be happy.

I'm going to be frank here: I don't trust HQ any more. Not at all. And I don't think that trust can be so restored at that point. I'm sad because I really loved Squidoo - and was even considering making a new Halloween lenses because I wrote a very long article on one topic and thought it would be a good thing to split the article in two parts: one on my own Halloween site, the second on Squidoo - one would complement the other. But now that I've read HQ's blog, I changed my mind and will post this article on another platform.

It's just too late to move my Halloween and Christmas lenses from Squidoo to another place, so I'll leave them on there - they'll make me money even if it's just a few cents here and there.

But I'm seriously considering moving my other holiday lenses to my own site. One of these lenses was one of their best traffic drivers on Valentine's Day, moved to my own site it just can produce the same amount of traffic - especially if it's reworked a bit.

Then by next year, all my Halloween lenses may be well be rewritten and sit on my Halloween site, the actual lenses staying on Squidoo overranked by their twin sisters, which could as well be indexed higher on Google. Christmas lenses can become my new Christmas site - I plan on selling the old one, and need materials to replace the sold articles.


No comments:

Post a Comment