Search This Blog

11/04/2014

An Experiment on Site Promotion

Easter word search printables
What have I been up to these days?

I have been quite busy and, ô miracle - yes, they happen - productive on my own sites this week. I'm still surprised with my ability to work that much in a day. So as I could see, I can stop procrastinating when I want to. 

So this week I worked on my 4 sites. I added almost daily content to the broad holidays one, then published a new article on my best gift ideas site and scheduled two others for later. Halloween and Christmas were also provided new content and I don't plan on stopping there, I'll keep adding content.

Last week however I was busy working on graphics. I hate creating graphics but I had to since I wanted to do some experiment with Holly Day's traffic improvement. So I created decorated Easter eggs that would become headers of three printable games that I give away on the site.

From what I've heard, people love getting free things and thus, although Halloween and Christmas are already delivering gifts, I designed one (three sheets actually) for Holly Day. The first two days, nothing happened despite the promotion I did. But on the third day download started and I must say that it was a good idea which I'm going to renew for other major celebrations this year.

However, not being an American will certainly not be helpful if I want to create 4th of July printables, but I could make some for barbecue parties, for example, this will also probably work fine. Then back to school or home coming might also be good times of the year to give free printables away. Next to come are Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hm... for next year I'll give a try to Valentines and Mardi Gras as well. 

All I need is some creativeness and graphics to adorn the sheets. 

In reality, when starting creating those printable games, I didn't plan on making word searches, word scrambles or crossword pages. Instead I wanted to create paper items that would symbolize the related holiday. For example a paper Easter egg template or paper Christmas train template for the kids to make. These would have been great ideas.

I ended up making games that people can download and print and that is a good start. 

Apart from that, I don't have a lot of things to say except that I made some sales from my Squidoo lenses and that some once again reached tier 2. This won't certainly last for long as most of them are Easter related.

I'm however quite surprised to see that my prom night lenses - which include mermaid, A-line, Sherry Hill, chiffon prom dresses - don't make it this year, low traffic numbers, low tier rank. And even worse: growing strawberry plant lenses aren't doing good either. And this is for me a "scoop" as previous year, at least before April 2013's disaster, they used to do pretty well on the site.

I might have to find another place to host them or rewrite them entirely so as to make sure nobody would have stolen my content - though I did a quick check and didn't see anything 100% similar else where.

OK. That's it for today. I'm looking for making a new short guide that would help some of you in your online business endeavours. I don't know where it is going to be ready to go live and I'll keep you updated on this.

Have a great weekend and see you soon.




Posted by Holly Day

No comments:

Post a Comment