Search This Blog

17/05/2014

Squidoo Payday

Yesterday was payday at Squidoo. I must admit that I haven't had such a low payout in years. It seems to me that my earnings reverted back to what they were when I didn't focus on working on lenses yet.

Well there is to say that apart from a seasonal lens that is ranked higher for a few days - because it made a few sales - my best performing lens is in tier 2 with only 150 visits/week. This doesn't provide food for money generation.

This also doesn't look good for Squidoo's average traffic as a whole. How many lenses in tier 1 do get more than 200 views/week while in the past tier 1 lenses did get more than 50,000 each? I've got some with such a huge amount of visits.

The dramatic traffic drop that started one year ago doesn't seem to recover and I have no good vibes as to whether the site will recover its legendary fame. It's sad because we used to be once a great community, we used to be once considered as the best resource on the Web. I do think that we should have remained that famous for these qualities. 

However, Big G has decided otherwise and I'm not sure that nowadays the best of things is produced on the site. Sadly, one year ago I didn't see a brighter future and things are looking like I was right. The site is not going to recover by June as I predicted.

From discussions going on on Facebook, groups, forums and other Internet communities, some got a nice payout this month. But how hard did they work to get such an amount? 

As for me, I promoted some seasonal lenses but they didn't get any additional traffic from the promotion. But unless I subscribe to a social media schedule program or get a software, I don't think I'm going to spend more time on such tasks. It's tedious, not always worth the effort. And to say the truth one article from my tarot site gets more views than four related lenses.

The fear of getting lenses and accounts locked is too high for me to keep on building lenses. I just update the existing ones, will keep them on there as long as they aren't locked. Fingers crossed for this to never happen again, though. I was too upset with the locked ones and it was really hard to see them go.

Well that's it for Squidoo, I haven't lots of things to say about it any more and have to write my next outsourcing article.

Happy weekend everyone. See you later :)



Posted by Holly Day

No comments:

Post a Comment