Search This Blog

04/04/2010

Easter Eggs, Australian Natives, Death Masks, Alien Orchids, Earworms, Bald Eagle, ADHD Traveller

Gardening With Australian Natives by oztoo
First time I discovered the existence of Australia and New Zealand was in elementary school. Next time I discovered something more regarding those countries from the other hemisphere, was when I was a teenager and used to read novels between two historical memoires. And as far as I remember, I've always been interested in both countries because their location makes them highly attractive. And so, I loved to discover those very special Australian flowers that I've never seen before and that oztoo features in their Gardening With Australian Natives lens. A beautiful lens that makes me want to travel to Australia right now!


Death Masks and Post-Mortem Photos by happynutritionist
The page I'm presenting here might look a bit morbid but is higly interesting since it's an old custom. Lensmaster happynutritionist gives you an account of her interest in death masks and post-morten photos. In my opinion, a very interesting read. We never waste our time when we learn something new :)


One of a kind painted Easter Eggs by d-artist
I knew her pages regarding her crest and family research, and was really seduced by her works. But I didn't know that she was such an artist! Delia created one of a kind painted Easter eggs and those are eggs you owe yourself to see! You'll discover tiny painted eggs that are as exquisite and marvelous as those of Fabergé. How is she doing to paint horses, dogs, characters on such tiny supports, I don't know and certainly envy her skills. In the same vein, she created one of a kind painted rocks page on Squidoo that features her paintings on tiny rocks. Most are sleeping animals but on some other rocks she painted running horses, I rarily am speechless but both pages are pieces of art that make me think I need to buy a new dictionnary so that I can find words to describe the beauty of the things I saw!


Alien Orchids by 4U2C
I call this lensmaster Emily Poppins as she told me she has a very special disease that is called "supergratitudinitis", yep, Emily is always grateful for anything you do... and she's a very nice person. In addition, she brought back so memories to my mind! I liked the TV series Nero Wolfe, you know, the one who grew orchids and solved mysteries... Another thing that hit my memory stick (the one located in my brain) while visiting her lenses, was James Hadley Chase's Grimson Gang. The title was translated in French into "No Orchids for Miss Blandish". So, along with those Alien orchids, miss Poppins created Angel orchids ; which is a lens I definitely love as it makes me think to our small group of Squid Angels. Err, by the way, the angel orchids featured in this lens really look like angels; how strange is this...


The ADHD Traveller by AddaptAbilities
Our dear Addy is our in-house disabilities lensmaster expert. This time, she created a special page on Squidoo for persons who have attention deficit disorder and are about to travel. After having read this page, I definitely wonder why I always prepare so many different clothes and stuff whenever I travel - fortunately, I rarily travel! People generally laught at my face while I say that I always have everything with me while travelling but I'm probably the only one out of my group of friends who never forgets something and whenever I leave with any friend they know they can count on me for whatever THEY forgot. This page I blessed is some kind of checklist that is in my opinion a must-read for anyone who's about to travel.


Earworms: Making Language Learning Fun with Music by WordCustard
Few weeks ago, my son was told by one of his teachers that he should definitely try to study with music. Not with musical background... but with materials that are recorded IN music as they state that this is the easiest way to remember what one learns. Indeed, isn't it easier to remember your faovrite song lyrics than a lesson about history? Not only easier but less boring, lol. And so, WordCustard invites you to discover a fantastic way of learning foreign languages with music! Earworms: making language learning fun with music is all about this way of speaking a language that isn't yours. And it's certainly one of the best since Berlitz bought the concept and distributes the product. And I learned with Berlitz and state that they're the best language teachers ever... So I recommend reading this Squidoo page and give the product a try!


Bald Eagles in Voyageurs National Park - Eagle CAM by Tipi
Along with Tipi the Tipigal is Susie Lehto, Bald Eagles in Voyageurs National Park is a page that makes you travel out of your home right to the United States of America without even lifting a leg! Just take your mouse, click on the links and visit the page. Is there a best way to visit foreign countries than this one? Since the very first day lensmaster Tipi created lenses she always built interesting pages. Both pages include a lot of fantastic big pictures, a lot of information and details regarding their topic, personal advice and experiences, news related to the area she's talking about; which make Tipi's lenses great informative resources and tourist guides! Once again, must-read lenses.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to find my paragliding experience featured here in such great company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure, Veronica :D

    ReplyDelete