Search This Blog

03/04/2010

Alexander and Alestria, Silent In The Grave, Kabetogama Lake, Diary of Anne Frank, Learning to draw

Alexander and Alestria by SusannaDuffy
Alexander the Great... Alestria, Queen of Amazons (not the store, the tribe, lol)... Does that mean something to you? I love history and learn everything about it (unless it's before the French Revolution). And so, I've read Susanna Duffy's Alexaner and Alestria book review. I'm not fan of novels, I prefer memoires and alike. However, Susanna made a great review of this book and now I'd like to read it. I have to say something that doesn't relate to the book but only to the review: I've only seen four or five SquidLit that were well done and this one is one on my list. So, whenever you'd like to read this book OR would like to know how to make a GOOD SquidLit, I recommend to visit this one!


Silent In The Grave by Stazjia
This one is also a book review but made by Stazjia. Once again, it's a master piece because it's really well done. Just like Susanna, Carol didn't use the default modules to review her book, she actually created a master piece too. This is the way a book review should be done and this is the kind of book review I will bless. Because books are my best friends for many years. Silent in the Grave is a Mystery that occurs in the late 19th century. I would say that Brits master the genre and obviously the action is located in England. Once again, the review makes me want to read the book. What about you?


Kabetogama Lake a Wilderness "God's Country" by Tipi
Each time I visit a lens made by Tipi, I feel like if I travelled from my home to the place she invites me to go. Each time I definitely think I was there without actually moving outside nor even from my chair. And so, the impression was that one when I visited Kabetogama Lake a Wilderness "God's Country" page she created on Squidoo. The page includes marvelous pictures, a bunch of details that even if you were there you maybe wouldn't have known, a historical part so that you know everything that must be known about the area, animals you might meet if you go to Kabetogama Lake, and much more. This is a real tourist guide... A must read, of course!


The Diary of Anne Frank (1959) Movie Review on Blu-ray and DVD by Treasures-by-Brenda
Who wouldn't know what the Diary of Anne Frank is? One should have live on Mars if one isn't aware of what such a wonderful piece is. The book is so famous that many movies have been produced after it. Which one do you prefer? Personally this version - the one of 1959 is my favorite one, starring Millie Perkins in the role of Anne Frank. Oh, I know that the cast doesn't exactly reflect the 40's and that Millie's hair aren't combined like Anne's hair or clothes don't look like those of Anne or people living in the same period but the overall atmosphere reflects the 40's because 1959 was still a period of remembrance. In this time, everyone on Earth knew WWII and those who were born after had parents who knew it and lived those horrible years; which were so close... 70 years later, nobody's able to reproduce the exact atmosphere of the times any more and that is what makes this movie the one I prefer and the one you should watch.


Learning to draw by MicheleWebber
I used to draw many years ago - since I have a computer at home, I don't draw any more because computer takes most of my free time, lol. So, when I visit a page that teachees how to draw, I'm interested. Michele Webber's Learning to Draw page is a great resource for anyone who would like to start drawing. Michele Webber is a Squidoo beginner and she already masters the way of crafting a lens (a Squidoo page). So, I couldn't do without blessing this fantastic peace of art.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment