Search This Blog

10/09/2013

Zero Traffic Lenses Are Going To Be Deleted

Five minutes ago, I went to my Squidoo account and checked my zero traffic lenses. I've never had zero visit lenses in the past - apart from the very first days I joined Squidoo or until the day I seriously worked on the pages I built over there.

But today I was quite surprised to see a bunch of zero visit lenses in my portfolio. What was the most shocking is that those lenses aren't seasonal pages. They're evergreen pages, the kind of pages that always generated traffic, no matter the time of the year. Not that they used to get thousands of visits per day. Nevertheless, they weren't failure and should get their share of traffic.



Ah well, zero traffic is something we're going to be accustomed on Squidoo. It'll make us feel really happy when we'll see some visits on our high ranked lenses, quite agreeably surprised. Just like it is when we, old timers at HubPages, log into our HP accounts to notice that traffic increased these past months.

So, I made the decision on checking as to whether some of these lenses were ok to delete -- double checking as if there are some cents left on them. Yes, for some there was some monies to be paid. I didn't delete them. For three lenses, there wasn't a single red cent left. So, I clicked on "view lens", saved it in a specific file on my computer and then clicked on "delete", confirmed. Wash, rince, repeat. Three times. Three lenses.

Bye bye lenses, bye bye hard work, bye bye money. 

It doesn't make me feel good but it was necessary as I feel like my zero traffic lenses could contaminate the remaining lenses that get some visits each day. After payday, I'll re-check the number of lenses to be deleted. I think I'll be able to put an end to the life of 10 of them by the beginning of next week.

I'm now left with 152 featured lenses, one that's been put in WIP because below the 350,000 first lenses and two WIP lenses which were lenses I started to build in the beginning of the year but never finished. They'll be transfered else where as I don't see any future on Squidoo and don't exprect traffic to rise before long.

The three deleted lenses are going to be split into three parts each, this going to provide me with 9 blog posts on my Gift Ideas 4U blog I hope right on time for Christmas. Fingers crossed for the new blog posts to generate some sales. Although this blog doesn't carry Adsense ads - since it's shopping oriented I don't want to overweight it with ads - I make some sales here and there and hope for the end of year holiday season make even more sales.

With less than 3,000 visits on my whole Squidoo portfolio I rather like to see less lenses. Less lenses for the same amount of visits won't dilute the stats as much as they are diluted now.

Well, wait and see. 


 

Posted by Squidoo lensmaster Prosperity66

No comments:

Post a Comment