Search This Blog

23/03/2010

Owls, Jupiter Island, Horse Movies, Violets, Mary MacKillop and Makeup Brushes

Owls: Facts, Myths and Superstitions by lensmaster KathyMcGraw
Lensmaster Kathy Mc Graw just discovers the world of "niche" markets. Indeed, until now, she always built pages on Squidoo just to get rewarded by badges. Kathy is a badge collector! She loves any kind of badge for as long as it's a badge. She is also a fellow angel. I met this lensmaster during the last Giant Squid Challenge that started back in October 2009, we became friends and often think alike (you know, great minds... lol). Not so long ago we came across a beautiful lens she created and that I blessed: the Dreamcatchers lens. Well, she decided to work the field even further and create pages on Squidoo that relate to any kind of American Indian beliefs. And I adore the subject (for personal reasons even while I'm not American and thus not Indian). In Owls: Facts, Myths and Superstitions I even learned things about my own country! This is really a must-read!


Jupiter Island by mbgphoto
My son has a grand aunt who married an US American 25 years ago and left our darling beautiful country to settle in America. Actually she lives in Jacksonville, Florida. We've never been there ; first because when I lived with the father of my son we didn't have enough money to travel to the other side of the Atlantic, and then because I have no relation with this family any more since we got separated. But Florida is an area I would have like to visit. Anyway, since I also have a problem with airplanes, I'm definitely condemned to stay in my home country. But the great advantage of being a Squidoo lensmaster is that I can travel directly from my office chair! And this is what I did when I visited Jupiter Island page built by lensmaster mbgphoto! I enjoyed each picture and text of this page and recommend it to everyone.


Top 10 Horse Movies of All Time by HorseAndPony
Lensmaster HorseAndPony is the queen of horse related lenses and, once again, she built a fantastic page that features the Top 10 Horse Movies of All Time. Before clicking on the link, I was sure to find The Black Stallion and Black Beauty movies on this page and guess what? I found them! Black Beauty is one of my favorite movies because it reminds me of my childhood, when on Wednesday afternoon we watched Black Beauty TV series. We had great time! And I spent a really nice moment on this page, reading the details regarding these movies. Hope you'll enjoy too!


Native Violas and Violets of Louisiana by naturegirl7
If you like gardening, you're going to enjoy and love this lens made by lensmaster naturegirl7. Native Violas and Violets of Louisiana is a lens that will teach you everything you always wanted to know about violets, from their description to cultivation requirements and landscaping! Did I mention that lensmaster naturegirl7 does speak about different species of violets of Louisiana? Well, she does! And she does it very well. A very interesting lens for any gardener, whether experienced or wannabe. I saved the page on my computer because I want to make sure that I can go over and over again... Hey, spring has come and it's time to prepare the garden!


Mary MacKillop - Australia's Own Saint by ElleDeeEsse
I've read this lens because it's something that is of a matter to me and also of actuality in my country. Indeed, since many years now, some Belgians would like the pope to canonize king Baudouin Ier, who died in 1993. While the King was probably a kind person (I never met him), I never heard he did any kind of miracle. So, any canonized case does bring some water to my mill: why does one canonize someone? Well mainly because the canonized person did something good and died for their country, like Joan of Arc, or did good to others, like many other saints but none of them was canonized because they were King and did... nothing, whether wrong or right. And so, in this page, I learnt that Mary MacKillop will be canonized by the pope later in 2010. Why? Because she "devoted her life to educating the children of the poor" and was recognized for being responsible of two miracles! I'm terribly sorry but king Baudouin was responsible for no miracle at all! Want to learn more about canonisation and/or Mary MacKillop? Visit this page!


Mineral Makeup Brushes by Leanne Chesser
When I clicked on the link that brought me to this page, I first thought that I would just see a page filled with Amazon Spotlight modules selling mineral makeup brushes. But as soon as I arrived, I discoverd that I was entirely mistaken and that the page was actually really interesting! Instead of having hundreds of selling modules, there's clear and detailed information regarding these makeup tools! And I also discovered the uses of different makeup brushes that I ignored! The page is also filled with exquisite pictures of makeup brushes and I can't do anything but recommend to pay a visit! 

Special Blessings

This page is exclusively for Giants but all lensmasters can go visit and comment, especially those who are part of the current Giant Squid Challenge. In Purple Star Twisters, Norma Budden invites Giants to take part to her challenge. Well, the first part of the lens is entertaining, the second one lists the rules of the challenge and details what she expects from you. The reward? Quoted from the lens itself: "The winner in each category will receive this beautiful mug featuring the purple stars." So, what are you waiting for?

Along with Jupiter Island page I visited and blessed (and will speak about in a future post), I enjoyed paying a visit to Interesting Places to Visit in Florida made by Mbgphoto. This lensmaster is definitely talended for putting together nice lenses illustrated by marvelous and attractive pictures! So, I do recommend this one too -- another great lens in her Florida series!

If you want to gain 10 pounds just reading a Squidoo page, then I recommend to visit Best Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipes built by lensmaster j_barnhart4! Ok, when I prepare an English breakfast on Sunday mornings, I always roast the toasts but the Monte Cristo sandwich is definitely something I wouldn't recommend to someone who's taking an eye on their waistline. But if you're like me and don't really mind about your next diet, I recommend to pay this lens a visit. There are a bunch of recipes that might be of interest to you.

Looking for new bread recipes? Try those listed in Best Bread Recipes With Honey! Lensmaster Tipi gathered the best bread recipes with honey available and built a really attractive and yummy looking page! My personal favorite honey bread would be the one with nuts and honey... a bread that we find in my country and I didn't know there were so many different recipes for making bread with honey!

This is not the most wonderful lens I've ever seen but this is certainly the most well done lens I've seen and that was made by a lensmaster newbie! Any Fresh Squids should take example and inspiration from Wood Routers design, built by lensmaster Charely_Barly. It's definitely a great example of what a lens can be even when built from scratch! Fantastic job!

Squidoo added a new revenue stream for their lensmasters: the Chitika ads. If you're interested in learning more about them, how the system works and the potential benefits, as a lensmaster, you can get form Chitika ads, I suggest to go read Chitika Ads on Squidoo built by lensmaster Flynn the Cat. Err, our legendary cat made it entertaining and informative, all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment