Search This Blog

17/05/2010

Champagne posters, homemade flan, dhani harrison, garden, baseball

Do you like champagne? I do! When I was younger, I used to collect vintage alcohol and champagne posters, I had many of them hanged on the walls in my appartment. Vintage posters are always nice looking and therefore I liked Champagne and the Vintage French Art Poster made after those marvelous vintage poster ads. The title might be redundant as there's no other champagne than the French one - the French Controlled Term of Origin is the only one that has any value and any "sparkling" white wine that isn't produced in Champagne region is not champagne - but the overall layout is splendid, the lensmaster was very creative and has an eye for making a page attractive. I recommend a visit to their Absinth lens too.


Spring Flowers in my Garden by bakerwoman

I love garden and gardening, and even while I don't really love nor am proud of my own garden - that needs a lot of improvements - anything that is garden related is always delightful to me. So I liked this page a lot since it shows a lot of splendid pictures of flowers this lensmaster took in their own garden. In these pictures, I enjoyed looking at the geraniums; which absolutely don't look like those ugly ones I've had at one time, I also fell in love with those colored daisies, more particularly the blue ones. This lens allowed me to discover an Australian tea tree; which I didn't know that would exist and find splendid; the New Zealand one; which is white, is lovely too. And what about the Japanese cherry tree? Oh well, have a look, you won't be disappointed.


Crazy about Baseball by Wednesday_Elf

I don't like sports, any kind of sports, I've already said that. But once again, I found a page made by someone who really has a passion for something and I can appreciate any passion. So, I loved the page made by Wednesday_Elf and that relates to her passion for baseball. Instead of what many lensmasters do, this page is not one that features baseball related stuff for sale, like baseball themed cupcake toppers or Christmas tree decorations ; actually it's a relation of her passion, stories, pictures of her at baseball matches. This page hasn't been built to drive visitors but to share something Pat really enjoys in life. And this deserves a surge of visitors!


Who is Dhani Harrison by arncyn

How well do you know Dhani Harrison? As the Beatles' fan number one, I've heard about this singer but never really read anything related to his life. What a shame! But my lack of knowledge was balanced with this fantastic page built by lensmaster arncyn, a former angel, who's absent from Squidoo for the moment but is a wonderful lensmaster. Indeed, she's a designer expert and all her lenses are always crafted with perfection. Once again, she created something beautiful, entertaining and interesting. At least for any fan of the Beatles. And if you want to learn more about their children, there are two additional lenses that are surely going to get you stuck like glue!


Flan—Easy and Delicious by Ener-G
 
There's nothing like flan that reminds me of my childhood. Each weekday, at noon, we used to get back from school to my grandmother's home where we ate. Then back to school. Most of the time, we got homemade flan as dessert. My grandma was queen of homemade stuff, and she use to make her own flans, ice creams and so on. Flans were tasteful, especially with the caramel coat we added to it. And we would eat any meal - even those that we didn't like at all - for having the chance to get our flan dessert! I'm two left-handed when it comes to cooking and baking so I prefer to let you visit Ener-G's flan page to learn how to make your own homemade flans!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment