Search This Blog

12/05/2010

Squidoo Summer Sunshine Award

Squidoo has set up the Summer Sunshine Award. It's some kind of challenge in which your favorite charity can get $99 - and best of all, you too can get a $99 reward if your lens is chosen for an award.

I know that many lensmasters nominated their own lenses, however, I didn't yet. I mostly never vote for my own work but this time I might do so if we're allowed to nominate more than one lens. However, I already nominated one. 

So, I made my lens for the challenge and I run for Polar Bear International, as I usually do since my lenses are set up to give part of my earnings to this organization. Polar Bear International is an organization that supports the research for polar bear protection - you know, with global warming, polar bears have hard times to find a place to live and it's even harder for them to find food as ices are melting and the overexploitation of sea bed reduced the production of fishes.

Like you, I know polar bears do exist, I know that I could see them, whenever I want to - Kathy Mc Graw spoke about it in her comment on the lens -  but what about our grandchildren?  Or their children? Are they going to learn that polar bear existed in the past and just get information in books, like we already do for those species that human of which is responsible for the disappearance? I don't want to think my grand grand kids will see a pic of a polar bear and won't be able to see one for real.

Like you, I've been a child and got my own Teddy Bear - it's the most popular toy ever. I love him, I slept with him, I brought him everywhere and after a few years, he even lost an eye, got his head separated from his body - luckily my grandmother repaired it - and I kept it for many years. I even bought one for my son when he was a child, who in turn brought his Teddy Bear everywhere, and so on.

Therefore I mixed and linked Teddy Bear and Polar Bears and built a page on Squidoo for the Summer Sunshine Award. Plush Teddy Polar Bear is a page which aim is to get some more money to Polar Bear International. By voting for this page, you won't just do me a favour, but you're going to do a favour to Polar Bear International.

And when you'll head to this page, don't think of me, but think to your children and their own children, and the children of their children, and ask yourself what you want as future for them. Polar bears risk to disappear and after them... what will be the following one on the list?

While browsing SquidU, I found a thread where some lensmasters posted their own Summer Sunshine Award lens and here's a short list of those I already visited:

My Scrap-Paper Sketches, donating to First Book. 
http://www.squidoo.com/online-fund-raising, donating to Displaced People Intl.
http://www.squidoo.com/kidnapped-children, donating to The Polly Klaas Foundation.

OhMe made a page where you can ask for adding your own Summer Sunshine Award lenses. Visit the page, add your comment, show your support! Thanks for charities and lensmasters whose dedication never fails! 


Wishing good luck to everyone and their favourite charity. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your lens about Polar Bears and Teddy Bears and have featured it on my Summer Sunshine Award Nominees lens. I would love to feature each lens made for this contest so will check out those you mentioned here. Some are already featured. Thank you for linking to my lens. There are no special conditions for being featured on this lens. I just thought it would be a nice way to show all the great charities in the contest. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks OhMe, it's fantastic and I'm going to modify the article accordingly!
    Looking forward to visiting more Summer Sunshine Award lens directly from your lens!

    ReplyDelete