Search This Blog

12/02/2011

Bergen Belsen

As an angel on Squidoo, I'm also now in charge of the World History category. History is a passion and, therefore, I'll take pleasure from reading those lenses when I'll be looking for bless worthy ones.

And so, when searching for such lenses in the huge collection of existing ones, I found a gem I already visited long ago. It's built by mugshot, and relates to the camp of Bergen Belsen

Although 20th century history doesn't fall into my favourite period of history (my main focus is history of France from 5th to 18th century), like anyone born in the 20th century in my country, I grew up in the memory of WWII and, obviously, was taught the horrible things that occurred in this period. There are no words to describe my feelings regarding this.

Mugshot was certainly more touched than me with those atrocities as his grand father was one of the first British soldiers who penetrated Bergen Belsen in 1945. Although it seems that his grandfather didn't speak a lot about what he saw and felt, he, nevertheless, gave Mugshot the need to see Bergen Belsen through the eyes of the liberating troops. 

And he made a lens to share his experience in this (I cite Mugshot and agree with him) "infamous concentration camp".

Posted by Squidoo Angel Prosperity66

No comments:

Post a Comment