Search This Blog

01/07/2011

Everything Is Going to Be All Right

My moral's raising; I feel really better since I made my decision on not renewing my giant status. And this allowed me to do a few things yesterday afternoon after that crucial step!

I finally joined Amazon.co.uk - it had to be done, but I never took the time to fill the application. And, while browsing this store, I found a myriad of absolutely adorable strawberry themed things. These are going to soon be featured on my main site. Ah, the pleasure to look at all those cute accessories and write about them...

Yesterday afternoon was also the opportunity to start my Squidoo account clean up.

I deleted the remaining work in progress lenses I built - I'm planning to move them on to one of my sites or a blog I'm planning to create.

I deleted a few too low ranked lenses, those lenses that never get any significant traffic. One will be rewritten and posted on one of my sites, the others will just sit in a file on my computer. I have any plans to rebuild them.

For one or two weeks, I'm going to study three former "ever.com" lenses that have been converted into Squidoo.com lenses and make a decision on deleting them if they don't pull any more traffic; or keep them if their traffic raises by mid-July. If there's a significant change (and there's already one minor change), I'll keep them in my account. To say the truth, I hope that there's no significant change and that I can move them on to my main site. They will work very well on there!

Because I mainly build seasonal lenses, starting in August, I'm going to closely check my Halloween lenses, and get rid of the low traffic drivers and transfer them to my main site too. Then, in October, I'll do the same with my Christmas lenses; in January with the Valentine's Day lenses, etc. This way, by next year, I'll have a very clean Squidoo account, bringing me a stable small monthly income. 

As said earlier, having a shorter account will allow me to save time in updating my lenses, and probably even split my current account into several ones. Let's say that I'd have one Halloween account, a Christmas account and one general celebrations account in addition to my existing Squidoo account that would host my history, about me, general lensography and angel lenses.

I think that my lenses will have better results in niche accounts than in just one that's absolutely not related to a single niche I've built.

I'm also taking some distance with the forum where a new hot debate is going on and threats have been made... Oh my. How happy I am to put this so-called "community" on the place it should be!

A community where everyone's supposed to help everyone and where those who know how to do things and pretend to share their knowledge always keep 50% of their knowledge for themselves so that they make sure to always keep the top spot. Ah well.

Leaving Squidoo aside of my online life doesn't mean that I won't do my angel duties with conscience! And here are a few lenses for you to check out. You may consider them as not outstanding but in my opinion, they were worth a blessing, whether because they actually are great or just because they're outstanding and that they should inspire you when building lenses - warning: I said "inspire", not "copy". Thanks for them!


2 comments:

  1. Love your update! I'm careergirl on Squidoo, and found your blog through your Angel On Squidoo lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment :) Hope to learn more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete