Search This Blog

06/04/2013

28 Squidoo Lenses Caught in their Stupid Filter

So, on Monday, I got an email stating that 28 out of my 200 lenses were flagged by Squidoo's new filter. You know that filter that has been set to catch duplicate content, keyword stuffing, overly commercial lenses, poor content lenses, etc. 

Out of those 28 lenses, 24 are CONTENT lenses, content that I wrote myself although English isn't my primary language. These lenses carry more than 2,000 words pure content, while some may even carry 3,000 or more ! Especially the Vacation Destinations lens that has also been caught in their filter.

So, what did I do ? I said that I wouldn't fix any of them but since most are content lenses, I find it hard to have to delete everything of this hard work. Yes, I've been working hard on Squidoo and consider that it is a note of lack of respect to set up the filter to catch CONTENT lenses instead of overly promotional and commercial ones !

Indeed, I noticed that my "commercial" lenses that were caught in the filter passed the fixes with flying colors! That means that, I just had to add a few words in their standard Amazon modules for my lenses to be published while the fixes on CONTENT lenses were rejected!

It just happened once again with my Christmas party planning lens. Don't tell me that there's a problem with my keywords, I removed almost all of them from the lenses, now if someone looks for "Christmas party planning ideas", they won't find my lens anymore. Even not for the keyword Christmas ! 

I asked for a review - however, how does HQ see that the lens has been fixed and content added where it was missing ? How do they know that I removed the "offending" links from the lens? The lens didn't re-publish... So what will happen with my lens and, in the event it ends up locked for good, to my whole account?

I've been part of the duplicate content filter beta test team years ago and know how it works... I wouldn't have written a single lens that would be similar to anything else. 

And a quick look at the top lenses just made me feel like if I was insulted. What's still dancing on top of Squidoo's lenses ? On their "best of the best"? Overly commercial lenses that weren't flagged or just fixed like I did with mine. 

This game is quite unfair for the amount of time we spent working for making Squidoo the site it has become. Worst, it makes me feel that I wasted my time working with them. They tend to forget that happy lensmasters make them make money, built the Squidoo that everybody knows nowadays. 

I'm really disappointed by the way Squidoo treats their lensmasters and even more with those that always agree with everything, thank them for having caught their lenses or even complain because their lenses weren't flagged! Oh my... where are we? Playground for kids? Or adult environment?




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately they were unfair with us . I have noticed the same - they locked my originally written lenses mostly short stories about my childhood .
    And it was not enough now they lock lenses because they were advertised on forums and blogs .And this issue can not be fixed .
    Where to publish our things now ?

    ReplyDelete