Search This Blog

27/04/2013

Squidaholic, Squidoo's New Policies and More...

A few days ago, some lensmasters discovered the last brand new - ah how to call it? - "invention" of Squidoo: the Squidaholic.com site has been retired! 

From a note written by Bonnie, one of the Community Organizers, Squidaholic was broken and there are no plans to reinstate it in the future. We are supposed to be able to check our stats from our own dashboard.

Yeah, I hear you Bonnie. But how do we check as to whether the cheating still continues on Squidoo? Hwo do me make sure that a lens gets artificial boosts? How do we see that you're giving way too much of a boost to average lenses?

In addition, Squidaholic... broken??? Are you joking? Last time I checked it out, it worked very fine!

Squidaholic was the ideal tool for us lensmasters to see which lens benefited from special "love" from HQ or other angels and lensmasters. This is how we could get information regarding the famous "curtain" lens that was pointed out when that low content hullabahoo started not long ago - after all, nobody except us is able to see our dashboard stats!!!

This is also thanks to Squidaholic that I checked some lenses that outranked mine, while being low traffic lenses, no sales, no likes, etc. lenses compared to mine that made sales every day, that were getting 5 times the other lenses traffic and got more likes that the competing ones would ever have !

Yeah, Squidaholic was the perfect tool allowing lensmasters see who was playing the fool with them.

I'll miss this site very much!

My title includes "Squidoo's new policies"... indeed, I've read their new policies, applied them to my flagged lenses and still, I see a lens of the day that doesn't meet the new guidelines. It's not the first one in one month. I'm now convinced that Squidoo's playing the double standard game. If I wasn't today's LOTD is a real eye opener!

Pictures not credited and empty Amazon modules were the two things I noticed without even reading the lens! I haven't read it, in reality, I was too disappointed!

Bootlickers will certainly bless the lens, like it and thank Bonnie for having come up with this "gem" - that's been made on their brand new coffee theme.

Squidoo's becoming a very unfriendly place, a place where you're afraid to publish anything, a place that you never know if you'll be allowed to create content the way you want - while sticking to the rules. A place where writing has become so frustrating that other platforms like HubPages, Wizzley and others are going to outrank it very quickly. 

Last but not the least, their forum. Ah, the Squidoo forum. I made a few posts on there, and all of them but one have been deleted because they stated the plain horrible truth. Nothing more, nothing less. Just the truth!

One post only was left - probably because other lensmasters replied so quickly that the forum moderator couldn't delete it whithout making it obvious that it was deleted.

It seems that now we're only allowed to post compliments... and don't think new comers don't do it: they just provide HQ with dozens of compliments; to the point that I seriously wonder that what HQ should require for getting eventually a "no" as answer.

2 comments:

  1. Everything you have stated here is the absolute truth! Squidoo is becoming very unfriendly and I don't think they have very many benefits left to offer as far as publishing my content there anymore. It seems even when I publish LOTD quality lenses they end up getting locked by squidoo for low quality issues. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to the events taking place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry I ever went there .My lenses got blesses from their angel systems and now they are called low quality lenses .Who can understand this ?
    They do not set up clear rules about the number of links we were allowed /or we are allowed .Just they dictate .

    Over years created 31 lenses .Sometimes I felt sorry that I did not have time for more but now I am overly happy that I did not do more ...and I feel sorry for those who invested so much time and energy

    ReplyDelete