Search This Blog

10/04/2013

Five Lenses Deleted and Totally Disgusted!

Starting last week I've been working on fixing my flagged lenses. After having made decision on what to do with the shopping ones that couldn't be fixed - don't have time or the need or simply don't mind these lenses to be modified and have to let them go elsewhere - I started working on the "content" ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong but content, unique content, written by you content, personal content is what HQ wants nowadays... Hm... So, I considered that content lenses deserved to be fixed while others would be deleted and earn me more money on my sites and blogs.

Well, as I could see, content lenses are those that CAN NOT be fixed and whatever the modifications you do to the lens, it's going to be rejected! Yes! REJECTED by the filter, by Squidoo, whatever, whoever! And that is disgusting!

I just took an eye to their Cozy Magazine; which is supposed to feature only high quality lenses - you know those that they want you to do, with PERSONAL, UNIQUE content, and without a bunch of Amazon, CJ, SAS, ZAZZLE or eBay links.

The truth is that what I could check and see that the Cozy Magazine is filled with junk. Almost empty lenses with a bunch of Amazon personal links - not even those of Squidoo - in them and what... one or two lines content? Well probably not the entire magazine but out of 10 featured lenses, 8 are nothing but junk or against their new policies!

Are these lenses Squidoo's new standards??? ROFLMAO. Nothing changed, still the same junk.

Back to my fixes...

First lens I successfully republished was a shopping lens that I tried to republish after having just added a few lines in the standard Amazon modules - nothing really funny nor creative, just a few words. I could republish with success.

The next one was my Christmas Party lens, a lens that provides a lot of content, I reduced the keyword "stuffing" to 2% and still the lens couldn't republish. Then I filled all Amazon modules with accurate, proper, correct, creative content since it is a lens that really care for, and no way to republish.

Then I removed a large part of the Amazon modules and, once again, impossible to republish the lens. Finally, what I did is ask for a greenlight. It was done last week, one week later : still no answer from HQ. Good... The way HQ deals with members is so disappointing... Feeling like I never did anything for them, apart from creating content that earns them money, of course.

The next lens was my Radio Flyer Trike. I removed everything Radio Flyer that was NOT a trike and the lens republished smoothly.

The next one was the European Vacation lens. Once again I could republish the lens without problem. Those two lenses are also content lenses, although the trike one doesn't carry as much content as the vacation one. Then I republished with success my Free Halloween Graphics page that was filled with html codes for people to pick up and post to their blogs or sites or mails, etc. Some kind of Halloween greetings. Such a lens has been republished without a problem.

It seems that HQ wasn't able to set their filter for empty lenses to be flagged but only to keep off content lenses from being republished. If they want from us to delete all our good lenses, they should let us know... This would allow us to NOT work for nothing, NOT WASTE time reworking lenses that we can republish in any way.

Will keep you updated on how things are going - I think I've 2 content lenses left to fix and then 15 to delete... And I made a decision on NOT writing a single additional page for Squidoo. I'm really done with working for them. After all the work I did for them, I get that kind of "thank you" note... Well, message received. Thank you Squidoo !


No comments:

Post a Comment