Search This Blog

23/04/2013

Where have my deleted lenses gone?

As said in a previous post, I managed to fix my flagged lenses before the deadline and, in the process, deleted some tiny content lenses that I moved on to my own website.

To say the truth, I moved former lenses to Holly Day, a site that, as suggested by its name, relates to holidays and celebrations (like most of my sites) and that now hosts former Christmas lenses (filled with more content than the actual lenses) and former printable game lenses as well.

While HQ greenlighted my Christmas Party lens in a little more than one week (10 or 11 days, as far as I remember), I succeeded at making my Halloween Potluck Party lens unlock itself (while asked for a greenlight as well) and have all my remaining lenses unlocked because of my hard work.

However, in this huge list of 28 flagged lenses, there were a few that needed too much work and stress and weren't that profitable or worth the huge work.

Indeed, since a few weeks, Squidoo traffic dramatically dropped: even more than in last Fall and Christmas; which isn't an incentive for me to work harder than ever. Also, I don't have time to devote to Squidoo: I'm leaving abroad next week and must have my own sites ready for the time I'll be outside the country.

Another thing that makes me not want to focus on Squidoo is that the way they handle things: it seems more important to modify and fix a poll module than take care of spam, junk, etc. It's more important to add more unfocused on-page ads than take care of lensmasters.

When I see that many low traffic lenses, brand new ones, or so outrank mine because of artificial quest boosts, I'm so disheartened that I just don't want to pay more attention than I do. Artificial rank boosts have always been unfair, most good lensmasters don't like them either, but it seems that Squidoo likes playing such games. So, when I see a lens that gets 10% of my traffic and is a few days old while mine is X years old and has made tons of sales, I get a bit angry and don't want to devote too much time to Squidoo any more. 

Ah well, anyways. The post is supposed to let you know where my former lenses have gone.

As said, they're all now hosted by HollyDay.com, my holiday niche site. All these former lenses can be found on the home page's rss feed. It's easy to find them, click on them and go see by yourself. 

While the printable games haven't been changed and simply moved on there, the Christmas lenses have been modified and are now unique. Moreover, even Amazon links have been filled with content...

They've also been properly pinned and I'm going to change their link in the site's blog so that people don't go to Squidoo to find nothing but a blank page.

See you next time for a new rant or good news ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment