Search This Blog

13/07/2013

Banned from the Official Squidoo Forums ???

Does that mean I was banned from Squidoo's official forums ? Hm...

As every day, I woke up and got my breakfast. Right after that, I checked my emails and replied to those that needed a reply and then, logged into my Squidoo account to check as to whether my lenses were locked at night or not.

As usual, my lenses are fine. Phew! What a relief... Don't take me wrong: it's a 24 hours relief only!

Then I checked the official Squidoo forums because there were three threads I was interested in and in which I posted my personal thoughts. Actually there were four threads but one was victime of censorship and was locked yesterday night. So, there were only three topics in which I was involved left.

While trying to login in order to reply to an HQ member's post, I noticed that I was unable to do so and had to contact HQ in order for me to get access to the forums!

Yes, it seems that I've been finally banned from their forums. The motive is never told, therefore, I don't know why. 

I think it's because I posted a notice that makes sense in one of those three threads: some lensmasters were claiming doing the happy dance to the 100% scorecard on their lenses... 

They're so convinced that this scorecard reaching 100% will keep them off the risk of having their lenses locked, you know. Well, this is absolutely untrue: proof is that many lensmasters had their lenses locked even though their scorecard reached those 100%!

I just posted this:

Problem is that the scorecard doesn’t mean anything when it comes to locking lenses.

Even 100% lenses can be locked. This happened to some. It’s going to happen again…

Nothing more. I don't think this post would hurt anyone, it's not finger pointing anyone - apart from those that deliberately lock the 100% lenses, perhaps ? So if it's the post that got me banned, I really don't understand why!

To say the truth, it's been hard to post your personal thoughts on Squidoo's official forums. It's totally forbidden! The only things you're allowed to post are lies, happy thoughts - even if you fear the lens locking madness - thank yous for the locking of your lenses, how great HQ is, how well the site is run, how smart and clever all the people around are... as well as how beautiful are the gigantic ads popping up from your pages and keeping visitors off paying them a visit, and, therefore, buying from them!

Do HQ only realize that doing so lessen their own credibility? Do they realize that while mistreating their old faithful lensmasters they hurt Squidoo as a whole? I don't think so. Actually, I'm convinced they don't mind. After all, we haven't all left... yet.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep posting on the other forums, where everybody's welcome, where everybody's open minded, where everybody's allowed to post their personal point of view even though we aren't all close friends. 

In this other forums where freedom of speech isn't just a word but is a motto and a lifestyle.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh and I was a four time Angel as well, but moved out ages ago because I got sick and tired of all the nonsense too. In many ways it is so sad as got to know some wonderful people and lensmasters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Spook! Happy to hear from you, was wondering where you were gone ;) Indeed, we met some wonderful people on Squidoo - that is also what makes me sad... more than anything else.

      Delete
    2. So now you know, and agree with you.

      Delete
  2. I've given up reading forums. Sadly, when naysayers are hushed and only yes-men allowed to speak, big problems are allowed to grow bigger. It happened with the housing and the banking in the U.S. leading to the huge economic crash.

    I'm having a hard time with some of the Facebook groups where doom-and-gloom threads are told to keep quiet and to quit depressing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I heard about that, however, I'm not really active on FB and I think it's better like this.

      Delete
  3. Wow, wonder why Squidoo is being this way?

    ReplyDelete