Search This Blog

18/07/2013

Sites To Check for your Stolen Content

Duplicate content is a big no-no on Squidoo these days. However, although some lensmasters-marketers tried to actually game the system using duplicate content, most of us have no control on what other webmasters do with your content.

Stolen content - I mean content from your lens published elsewhere by someone else pretending its theirs or not crediting their source (although once again Squidoo isn't an article directory that would allow anyone to use their lensmasters' content elsewhere even with a credit line) - results into your lens getting flagged, now days more likely locked for duplicate content.

Sadly we don't laways have control on what others do with our work, we can't spend 24 hours a day checking as to whether someone stole our content and published it elsewhere.


Still there are threads on forums and social medias that pop up every day reporting copyright infrigment along with a link to the site in question.

While checking why a lens of mine's traffic decrease by 80%, I checked the content and found it on at least two different other sites.

The first site on which I found my content was http:// siamaffiliate . com / fasion-info --> now that is the category as the main site showcases a bunch of different categories in which I'm pretty sure lensmasters are going to find a lot of their stolen content.

The other one of the sites where I could find my stolen contents is Scribd. The lens content can be found there:

http:// fr . scribd.com / doc / 84250712 / What-Are-Mood-Ring-Colors-Meanings 

by member 

http:// fr . scribd . com / rosezhang.

Needless to say that there are also surely more of one lens content stolen and published on Scribd. 

Luckily, while the first mentioned site didn't provide any kind of contact button - I had to contact their domain name provider and host ; Scribd offers an efficient report abuse button. I could therefore file a complain and hopefully the content is going to be taken down. Do I have to mention that I'll keep a close eye on this?

If I were you I'd check Scribd as well.

2 comments:

  1. we worked so hard to write original content only to be plagiarized and posted somewhere else, it is so cruel really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More particularly when lenses are getting locked for "duplicate content" motive - mostly stolen content from our lenses posted else where penalizes us... Though they should look into this problem for us not getting totally punished for external bad behaviors!

      Delete