Search This Blog

11/07/2013

Got Finally My Lens Republished Later Yesterday

All right, my Mini Cupcake Recipe lens was finally published yesterday night. 

What did I do ?

Just remove most of my keywords - now the lens speaks about sweet treats, pastries, baked goods... not much about fairy cakes or mini-cupcakes.

I think that, while removing keywords makes a lens/page look less promotional, it also sometimes removes the actual meaning of the page, especially when the keywords are removed from the places they ought to be.

So it was impossible to publish the lens for low quality content. Seems that keywords are also included in this part of the scorecard and/or unpublish message that pops up when the filters don't want you to republish a lens.

Now the scorecard is 100%, though. Let's see how many times it'll take for the filters to drop that mark.

Anyways, I won't have to move the lens for now and will see how the lens performs : it was a lens that used to get lots of traffic and was dramatically hit a few weeks ago. I will wait for a few more weeks and if traffic doesn't increase once again, I'll delete it. Simple as that : I don't want to keep useless lenses in my account.

By the way payday was today... I've never got such a low payout. I consider the work I do on Squidoo as useless and don't plan to improve any lens unless it's one I really like and put lots of work into and that I don't want it to end up locked and deleted.


No comments:

Post a Comment