Search This Blog

09/07/2013

Unable to Publish Mini Cupcake Recipe Lens

Because its traffic dropped like a stone, I edited my Absolutely Delicious Mini Cupcake Recipe lens in order to change the intro a little bit as well as some titles and subtitles. This way Google would find its content updated and perhaps send another batch of visitors to that lens.

However, Squidoo doens't allow me to publish this lens for... "low content quality". Although there's a huge part of text and the lens content is well balanced between Amazon links and actual content, I'm unable to republish this lens.

No problem, I won't be scratching my head against the wall, won't be pulling my hair off, I will just wait after payday and will delete this lens. That's easy as that.

I definitely do NOT want to rework that lens for Squidoo. Instead, I'm going to rework it for my own recipe blog that needs materials. I'll gladly work for my own and only profit. Not for Squidoo any more.

Each lens in the same troubles as this one will end up deleted and moved elsewere. I'm really sorry but working hours and hours for a $1 or $2 monthly payout is NOT an option for me. So, the page will do better else where: on a place that is going to be theirs for ever and where it will get its share of visitors. 

Oh probably not the same amount it used to receive on Squidoo because the blog hasn't the same authority level as Squidoo's but it's going to get its fair share of traffic just like my other recipe pages on the blog. Each other recipe lens will be treated the same way in case of "low content quality" motive.

When talking about "low content quality", it seems that HQ should revise their own notion of what "quality" means as they seem unable to speak proper English nor even to write their own language without spelling and grammar mistakes. And they dare criticizing my own quality content ? Oh my, but I'm a French speaker with English as a THIRD language!

Ah well anyways. Squidoo is really about to become a thing of the past with another lens deleted today that's going to be split into 5 different blog posts tomorrow. 

While some get headaches and sleepless nights trying to find out how to fix their unpublished lenses, I found the solution. I won't spend a night working on any lens any more, won't have headache because I can't publish a lens over there. That is a fact, that is my decision. 

I also noticed that since I rework more often on my own sites and blogs, traffic is raising and I hope that, by Halloween they're going to get their usual amount of visitors, despite the famous and infamous Google updates that seem to have hit Squidoo as a whole but didn't touch personal sites and blogs.
 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're having problems publishing your lenses. I have so many that need fixing thanks to Squidoo bugs, but I'm scared to touch them.

    I have no doubt your content will do even better on your niche blogs in time. Even if traffic volume isn't as high, it will be relevant traffic and there will be far fewer distractions on the page to tempt people away before they even had a chance to read it.

    Wishing you the very best of luck.

    ReplyDelete