Search This Blog

30/01/2014

Affiliate Program Resource

Since you made a decision on getting affiliate commissions for products advertised on your new website you may want to find some of them. Here is a short list of affiliate programs and other sites that will provide you with a little something when you'll work with them.

Which program should you promote?


You don't have to join all affiliate programs out there. Join the programs that offer products, coupons, rebates, discounts, gifts, or whatever that fits within your niche topic.

If your niche is Christmas tree ornaments, then join Amazon and use their products to illustrate your articles, each time someone that comes to your site buys from your page, you'll get a commission.

Of course don't promote unrelated products like crafts on a page that is related to car wires. 

For example, my niches are holiday related. My sites cover a wide range of sub-niches and sub-sub-niches in which are includes crafts. So since I'm not a crafty person - I mean ok I can make some crafts but I'm not that creative and can't do all the kinds of celebration crafts related out there. In addition I'm not the best cook out there, let alone a good baker. Still I love cake decorating and enjoy writing about them. I love hand made bespoke dresses and jewels but can't make them myself. Although I can provide some instructions on how to create them I don't think that knowing how to make ONE dress or ONE necklace allows anyone to make more...

Therefore I found a solution. Along with my craft related products (scissors, glue, craft paper, fabrics, floor, cookie and cupcake sprinkles, etc.) I promote an online craft class that allows my reader to:

1. Get a few free mini-classes to take an eye on what these classes are all about and check their quality,

2. Join these classes that will teach them how to create stunning pieces in a very wide range of categories, from cooking to baking, from food decorating to dress making, from jewelry making to quilting, from drawing figures to knitting, from learning how to take great photos to crochetting and more.

Let's say that - it's one of my favorites - I promote cookie bouquets (or cookie bloom arrangements). These are great gift ideas that perfectly replace flowers when it comes to gifts with a twist. However the stores to sell cookie bouquets through have cancelled their affiliate programs and I don't have that many unique cookie bouquets to feature and promote any more.

So what did I do:

1. I joined the Craftsy affiliate program
2. Featured a few cookie bloom arrangements on my sites
3. Added a section that suggests my readers to create their very own cookie bouquets
4. Suggested my readers to take classes on how to create cookie bloom arrangements on their own after having learned how to do so thanks to Autumn Carpenter's Decorating Essentials: Designer Cookies
5. I can even promote them through ready-made videos...

Once you join an affiliate program, you're done and can promote as many of their products, of course.

Handy Resources to Help you Start Earning Some Money


CJ - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing Programs and Online Advertising
Commission Junction, is a ValueClick company that is leader in the online advertising - and an excellent affiliate marketing platform that gathers the big brands out there.
Get paid for your great content. ShareaSale.com
There are currently over 2,500 Merchants plugged in to the ShareASale Network. Each of these merchants has a different type of product that they are selling - and each is ready to commission you on that sale if you bring a customer to them.
All Posters
All Posters is the number 1 online store that provides you with a wide range of posters and other printed arts to illustrate your sites while providing you with commissions on each sale.
Amazon.com
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & personal care, broadband & dsl, gourmet food &am
Dreamstime.com
Dreamstime.com allows you to use free images to illustrate your site for as long as you provide a link to their actual author. You can also buy credits for graphics and photos to use.
Toy PLR Review
PLR articles come in handy when you run out of inspiration. These toy reviews are written by Ruth Pound and are of a high quality. She even offers a free package of toy articles for you to try out. While I don't recommend using PLR on your site, they greatly replace ghostwriters if you are short on budget provided that you rewrite them entirely.
There are even more affiliate marketing programs out there but these are just the major ones I use.

Posted by Holly Day

No comments:

Post a Comment