Search This Blog

24/01/2014

Another Locked Squidoo Lens Quickly Unlocked

Two days ago I've got another locked lens email from HQ. I don't know what they're after but they seem to have refined their filters for them to catch lenses that weren't locked in the past and that never violated any of their policies.

Maybe they make room for the new clubs they implemented? Maybe they make room for the new Valentine lenses that are created from their constant and multiple quests?

I don't know but one thing is sure is that they're after lensmasters, giants or not.


I'm not a follower. If you are not my employer, you shouldn't force me doing anything. Forcing me is the best way to have me stop loving you and working for you. Locking lenses is forcing us to work. At the current rate, it's wasting our precious time. And mine is currently devoted my health.

And Squidoo, believe it or not: my health is more important than you.

From the generic email I've received I couldn't say what was wrong with the lenses they locked and that also keeps me away from modifying them.

So as claimed in the email, Squidoo does love me? No, you don't love me nor any other of your oldest and most faithful lensmasters. If you did you wouldn't suggest to take or leave...

You locked my lens? I unlocked it a few minutes ago.


I've already read your policies at the time you wrote them. But I have to admit that I don't believe these policies will help Squidoo. They would have had some impact if they would as they entered into action one year ago and that Squidoo's traffic is still dropping like a stone, even more now that the Christmas season is over. Let alone your authority.



What did I wrong with my lenses?


  • I didn't use the year in my titles.
  • They weren't thin lenses.
  • It didn't include too many keywords.

I have a special passion for history and if a locked lens was a history one, I couldn't include your 3 required elements to it:

1. Yes I know my topic
2. Yes I have a passion for the topic
3. No, I can't provide personal photos since all historical characters I write about are dead!
4. No, I couldn't provide a personal review. History is NOT a product, it is made out of facts and events that happened in the past.
5. No I can't personally recommend these people or their stuff since they're dead. No, they don't design shower curtains, they don't use Apple products, they don't mind the Internet and they never heard about Squidoo as they're all dead for centuries!

No I didn't built coloring page related lenses.

No, I'm not responsible for inbound links. It is highly unfair penalizing lensmasters for things they didn't do and have no control over!

I never use images without proper citation - and still nothing in the copyright laws force me to cite my own images. That is something you don't seem to know and that you should know...

Maybe I would have worked a bit on these locked lenses if my earnings weren't that poor. But to say the truth I'm not sure that Squidoo will still be online by next year, at least not under the same scheme. I'd rather see them stop paying tiers and have all lensmasters earning money only if they make sales out of their lenses. I'm not ready to forfeit my precious time working in the hopes of... I'd rather keep that time to work on my own sites.

Squidoo lost their best assets (lensmasters who drove traffic and whose lenses converted into sales). They also lost human touch with lensmasters. It was once a fantastic community, it is now close to become a memory...


Posted by Holly Day

2 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph has really hits home. So sad.

    ReplyDelete