Search This Blog

18/06/2013

Another Batch of my Squidoo Lenses Deleted...

Although none of my lenses got locked yet, I keep on cleaning up my Squidoo account. To do so, I had to delete another batch of lenses. Now I'm left with 169 featured lenses, one lens back in WIP and another never started.

I think that when I'll be finished with deleting my lenses, I'll own more or less 100/120 lenses in grand total. Indeed, I don't want to lose my Giant status - at least as long as I remain a Squidoo lensmaster. I can't delete too many lenses either because if HQ's filters lock too many of my lenses, I might be under the number of 100 lenses - and those 100 first lenses I built were "darned good", hahaha. 

On a more serious note, I deleted a bunch of lenses built in the past, during the two Giant challenges I attended in the former Ning groups. Those were content lenses, personal content lenses. You know, the kind of content that's Squidoo's nowadays standard : desperate housewives oriented content, desperately personal stories, absolutely boring stuff.

So I deleted them and, by reworking my writings I'm pretty sure I'll succeed at making them interesting and attractive for the readers. Especially the travel lenses I built. OK. I know that Squidoo readers aren't really interested in European stuff but I know that HollyDay.com attracts visitors from all over the world and, therefore will get its share of traffic.

The travel pages on there are popular. And so will these be.

I might even consider moving my Best European Vacation Destinations lens over to HollyDay.com since it's not getting the same amount of traffic than previous years. OK. Google and Squidoo want updated content, well since I listed the best places to go on holiday in Europe, there's nothing I can do. Unless I add yearly events; which is something I don't want to do since the too many events would require too much involvement in Squidoo and I don't have time for this.

So unless those holiday resorts moved and unless France sold the Riviera to Russia or China, the French Riviera is still in France and people will still find St-Tropez where it is supposed to be.  The same applies to all countries : Europe wasn't split these days, Italy, Spain, Greece are always at the same place and Etna didn't destroy Sicily yet.

One thing I noticed regarding this lens is that is was flagged back in March, I reworked it a lot and since then... visits dropped like stones ! Two months after the lens makeover, after the lens made more personal, carrying more "amazing" content, it doesn't get the 4 digit visits it used to in the past. It dropped to 2 digits. What a waste of time, what a bad idea to have changed this lens. 

After all, it might look good on HollyDay.com as well. I will think about all of this later... 

Other than that, I also deleted toy lenses, gift lenses and even two of my Friends sitcom pages! These will make stunning gift pages on my own blog. People all over the world just love Friends.

Oh and I'm going to rework that page on cupcake calendars as we're already in June and I want to be ready to sell 2014 and 2015 calendars. This page will also go to HollyDay.com.

Well that's it for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment