Search This Blog

17/06/2013

What if HQ allows lensmasters to sell their accounts?

The thing I expect to happen is that now HQ allows lensmasters to sell their Squidoo accounts as they made it very clear that many members aren’t the kind of writers they want for the site any more.
After all pioneer lensmasters MADE Squidoo what it is – those who joined in the early days are those that helped Squidoo get their current authority rank. They also brought lots of money, in millions of dollars. But their days are over and they have to move.

With HQ allowing them to sell their accounts, they could move with a substantial reward for those 6-7-8 years of dedication and hard work and go elsewhere without a regret or money sitting in their accounts lost for good – with the feeling that they have worked so hard and promoted Squidoo everywhere for nothing.

Squidoo looks more like a magazine for desperate housewives looking for someone else’s stories to accept their miserable lives than like the stunning one-of-a-kind and probably best resource on the Web gathering all sorts of pages for ALL Web surfers it used to be until early this year. 

I’m not a desperate housewife, I’m a single mother, history oriented, and write on the Web to make money not just for the pleasure. I’m pretty sure many others think like I do.

From the two last HQ’s posts, I think I’m not the writer they’re looking for any more. So I feel rejected and, although I don’t really mind HQ loving me or not, I want to protect my assets. 

I don’t want my account to be locked and deleted for good and lose my hard earned money. I worked six and a half full years on Squidoo. So most of my lenses are still on there waiting for the day they’ll be moved to my own existing related sites or to be sold to someone who would be able to turn them into “amazing personal and emotional” stuff; which is something I CANNOT do.

This being said, I don’t have a single lens locked yet (may happen in the near future) and the 30+ I already deleted from my account were deleted because they could be locked one day and that I wanted to protect my work moving them elsewhere.

There is something else I think about. With lensmasters leaving Squidoo taking their articles else where, they're going to rebuild the links they already built to their Squidoo lenses. OK. Let's see what would happen if most old timers would leave: many of them used to build links through publishing in article directories like eZineArticles, and the like or social media posting, etc. 

What would happen if they all remove their links from their promotional publishing? Would Squidoo suffer? I'm  not sure it wouldn't get another smack because the number of links pointing to a specific site are also - or at least were in the past - part of search engine optimisation and... authority.
 

1 comment:

  1. "Squidoo looks more like a magazine for desperate housewives looking for someone else’s stories to accept their miserable lives than like the stunning one-of-a-kind and probably best resource on the Web gathering all sorts of pages for ALL Web surfers it used to be until early this year."

    LOL Couldn't agree with you more! Not everyone wants to hear people's stories. Often times, they just want 'the goods'.

    ReplyDelete