Search This Blog

25/06/2013

How Do my Edited Squidoo Lenses Perform?

As said in another post, I edited 8 prom dress lenses in order to comply to Squidoo's new TOS. I rearranged the titles so that they didn't include "best" and "this year" any more. For example, Best A-line prom dresses 2013 has become "A-line prom dresses are girl's best friends" - why girls' best friends ? Because A-line dresses flatter any kind of silhouette, hiding less charming parts of our body.

In addition to those changes, I removed most of the dresses featured on the page and added content in each Amazon module highlighting a prom gown. 

How did these changes work on the lenses ? 

To say the truth, traffic dropped like a stone and doesn't seem to recover. You may say that prom season is behind us and it's true, however, prom dresses have always got their share of traffic. Not by the thousands but indeed, they got their share.

Now that they have been changed, they get nothing at all.

The lens that was hit the most is the one related to formal prom gowns. This lens is the kind of page that used to get a lot of visit (along with the under $100 dresses) because it featured a lot of marvelous princess style prom dresses. Things have changed, the lens isn't a favorite any more. 

I'm not sure that flat headlines would help any kind of lens to raise to the top. Instead, when it comes to yearly/seasonal stuff, changing our titles from "best" and the current year into next to nothing will result in no traffic. But Squidoo is Seth Godin's site, lead by women who consider desperate housewives type lenses amazing so what can I say or do ? I want to protect my work, that's it.
 
I will allow until after homecoming for the lenses to recover traffic, if they don't, I'll move them to HollyDay as well; they can't do worse than on Squidoo, that is a fact.

See you soon for more news.




No comments:

Post a Comment