Search This Blog

16/06/2013

Editing 8 lenses, publishing and what now....

So now lenses with Best and the year in titles are more or less Squidon'ts. So, I had to take measures and modify my lenses accordinly.

The lenses I edited and modified are those included in my Prom Night portfolio. Since they feature prom dresses, I considered indispensable to add at least the year in their titles. Now they're just titled like any other type of general Webpage and don't let the potential buyer who's searching on Google for "Prom Dresses 2013" what they're going to find on my lenses -- this surely implies less sales.

Why did I modify the lenses ? Because by next month I won't be able to touch my lenses at all and that I don't want them to get locked because of their titles. Even if they lock them, I won't have time to modify them next month either and even so, who knows: they will probably be deleted.

So I did an effort and changed their content.

What's left now ? Well, posting remaining deleted lenses on my sites and promote them in order for them to be ready for the season.

Apart from that, I don't make any new lens since the new TOS. Making a product lens that is not personal is now a no-no so why would I bother wasting my time building a Squidon't lens that's going to be locked by tomorronw ?

Not that I couldn't make lenses that would be personal, unique (probably not amazing), original... Actually I have materials to make at least two new pages on the Web. 

Last month, I bought a henna flower ring and a palm tree opal ring. I ran a search on Amazon.com and wasn't able to find any of those rings. So what's the point for me to write about these rings? I really love them, I adore them. But won't write about them since these products are only available in North Africa and not in the US.

Another ring that I'd like to own and will probably buy this month is a Djerba Island symbol ring made out of silver and featuring the opal and turquoise symbol of the Djerba Island. Once again, no store I could be affiliated with does sell such products.
So why would I bother ?

Even making a lens that sticks to the new rules doesn't prevent the lens from it being locked in 24 hours, it happened to a bunch of lensmasters. This is the reason why Squidoo's so quiet these weeks: very few lensmasters publish something. They're scared, they're too shy to produce new pages.

Actually many of us are monitoring our screen and Squidoo dashboard, waiting for that lock to shine on it letting us know that a lens got locked. Or checking our inbox daily frightened that we could get this email claiming that our accounts have been locked. 

How can one be creative in such an atmosphere?



No comments:

Post a Comment