Search This Blog

05/03/2014

Deleting Low Performance Lenses These Days

I'm sorry for having been absent these past days. I don't plan on leaving this blog aside, instead I want it to keep being updated as much as I can. However I don't like to post when I don't have anything to say. And since I didn't have anything new to write about, I rather kept silent.

This being said, I noticed that this blog has become a heaven for spammers. I'd like them to know that I marked their comments as spam and that they're soon to be unable to comment on it any more. Good luck in spamming someone else's blog, though.

I've been quite busy this week: I started deleting Squidoo lenses that weren't performing any more. Anything under tier 2 is going to be removed from my account.  This will provide me with a clear account, less lenses to update, less stress in the event some get locked and need some work so as to unlock them - just in case, you know...

I thought it would be a smooth task - you know, I'm tired, a bit upset, not willing to work, not willing to move too much, just needing my bed and fall alseep as much as I can. No way! I must work and so started with my Squidoo account clean up. 

I started with my Christmas lenses - should have begun with Halloween ones but got mistaken. Anyways. I deleted 11 Christmas lenses when suddenly the system didn't want to let me delete the 12th. The message I received was that I logged into my account too many times for the day. Strange... I just deleted lenses and didn't log into the account more than once?!?

Whatever thing I tried, I couldn't delete the 12th lens I wanted to delete, not to mention that I couldn't touch to the Halloween ones either. I thus waited until the very next day and proceeded to the last deletion. Then took care of the next niche I wanted to delete lenses but found out that I couldn't remove as many as I planned to since most of them were tier 2 during the dedicated season.

I'm now left with 113 lenses and plan on jumping on the next niches to be taken care of soon. These will be Valentine and Mardi Gras. Then Easter - two month after the holiday, though.

My account will then only feature tier 1 and 2 lenses - the last season - and I'll see how they perform the next season. If some fall from tier 2 to tier 3 or in the rank abysses, I'll delete them as well. I just want to keep popular lenses in my account.

From the Valentine and the Mardi Gras disasters - these were beyond my expectations - I still can't see a brighter future for Squidoo and, therefore, for my portfolio. I've never had so few tier 1 and 2 lenses on Valentine's Day or Mardi Gras. Traffic just keeps dropping, no sign of a potential recovery. 

The boat is still sinking, Mayday, Mayday, need rescue team...!!! Noone hears us, nobody does seem to want to rescue the site.

For the third time in three months, I'm invited to become a contributor - just got the last invite yesterday - also invited to join Squidoo on Google+ - which I won't do, of course - and even invited to share Squidoo with my friends. Yeah, I'm surely going to ask my friends to join a site that won't help them earn money but will make them jump through hoops all the time and upset them more then actual life already does.

So, HQ, I'm really sorry but I will pass on to these offers for the moment. Until I see an improvement in traffic, sales and, more particularly, the way you treat the members, especially those that were here from the beginning and always supported the site, promoted it, made it what it had become, I won't play any new game nor will I ask anyone to join me.

That's it for today. I'll post later, probably my short course on how to create and sell ebooks - works also for Kindle books, though.

See you soon :)


Posted by Holly Day

1 comment:

  1. They are locking more of my lenses also, I will probably just let them lock them because Im not spending extra time to delete them.

    ReplyDelete