Search This Blog

10/03/2014

Repurposing Former Lenses

I have not been active online these past weeks, apart from cleaning up my Squidoo account, deleting useless lenses.

Useless lenses are a reality. How many of them were outdated although kept updated from time to time? I built some lenses in the toys niche in the past. Some were very focused like the Strawberry Dolls one, for example. Believe it or not, these dolls are extremely hard to find nowadays. Even the most recent versions of this cute strawberry scented stuffed or plastic doll are rare items.

Needless to say that after the deletion I did, I browsed online stores with affiliate programs in order to make sure these lenses could be repurposed. Hm... Not all of them - for some I'll have to entirely refocus the subject (for example from one specific Lego toy that can't be found in stores any more, I'll have to find the most similar one and detail it instead. However, all in all I could follow the original pattern). 

Thus this cleaning task was indispensable as many of these lenses have to be reworked entirely and I was right to delete a great part of them. 

Long ago I deleted the History of my favorite doll and planned on adding it to my own gift blog. This was done last week. I changed the title, the toys I couldn't find any more were replaced with others but I must say that I'm quite happy with the way the page turned into.

Everyone Loves Strawberry Shortcake Dolls (title has changed as well) has found a new home.  

Because of the work I did last week with these former lenses, I'd say that the narrower the niche is, the worst the ways to repurpose the lenses are. As said earlier, many products disappeared from the market, some are available in so small quantities that it isn't worth the time and effort trying to promote them any more. So, some lenses will be moved, others will just disappear or become general articles about the topic and not promote anything. 

I will still keep my current lenses updated when they need to. Though I will still log into my account as often as before. 

As for my personal online things, I'm still considering the selling of my sites so that I can restart from scratch with a brand new domain name that would be broader and allow me to not have to update different sites. I'm the procrastination queen and always have been. Even more since the beginning of 2013 and the online disaster that hit the writing platform I focused on instead of working on my own sites. I have written almost nothing since the first week of January 2014 and don't even feel the need of writing anything. 

I also have a new project to launch with a friend of mine - takes longer than we thought. This will still deal with the Internet but I won't have to write any more. Another project that's about to see the light in April with my partner; this one is an offline project and it will have nothing to do with the Internet - and I must say that I really love being offline... Many things to take care of because of them right now also keep me away from writing or wanting to write for my sites.

But I still want to share my tips to create ebooks online so I'm going to start writing about that right now.

See you soon for the first installment of that new series (shorter than the one related to creating a money making site, though).



Posted by Holly Day

No comments:

Post a Comment