Search This Blog

07/02/2010

How do I know if I'm plagiarising?

Hello :)
First post today is about a Squidoo page created by lensmaster SusannaDuffy. The page name is Is it Plagiarism? and is a very up-to-date matter! Since I'm a Squidoo Angel, I visit many more pages than I used to do before and believe it or not, many pages I found are simply made out of copy/paste articles found on other websites.

While using article directories' articles isn't forbidden, it is NOT an option on Squidoo mainly because Squidoo WANTS and REQUIRES unique and personally written content. So, if you want to be a lensmaster you have to write your articles yourself.

Lastly, I even found some lenses that were nothing else than copied/pasted Clickbank sales pages! Can you imagine it? I wouldn't and it took me a few minutes before I realize the person really copied/pasted a sales page. Then, the very next day, this person published another one, and then another one, and so on.

A third trend I noticed is that with the Squidoo 52 Week Challenge going on on Facebook, the principle of this challenge being to build one SALES lens per week, many lensmaster think that they aren't required to build a "content rich" page and simply copy/paste content they found elsewhere. Two persons even have found a way to drive me crazy with such tactic: they steal one or two sentences in articles they found on the topic somewhere on the Web and simply paste them into the lenses; sentences after sentences, without even taking the time to rewrite a single word! 

Where will this trend stop? I don't know. But one thing I know is that I'll never bless nor rate such lens and will always report themalong with the links to the sites that provided the actual content - even if there are, as I noticed - ten different sites where the content was stolen!

So, what is plagiarism? What is correct content to put on a lens? SusannaDuffy took her time to detail everything in her lens. This lens was yesterday's Lens of the Day and I strongly advise you to check it out!

I'll post the other lenses I blessed during the weekend later so that I can give SusannaDuffy's lens the main position.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment