Search This Blog

13/02/2010

Jethro the Donkey, Wild Faces, Bern, Flowers, Books, Excuses... all Blessed!

I live in the countryside and we have a few prairies with horses, ponies, cows (of course) and... next to the school where I worked two years ago, there is a donkey. The town district has also the chance to have TWO donkies. I love those animals. When I worked at the school, I used to go to the donkey with the kids, they gave bread, carrots to the animal and they had a lot of fun as he generally spoke with them - well in his donkey tongue of course. Well,  the page I blessed yesterday is called My Donkey Jethro; this name made me think to the Beverly Hill Billies... The lens was created by ChapelHillFiddler and the page is an account of the chance she has to own a pet donkey! If you too like donkies, I recommend a visit to this very interesting page!

It's the very first time that I see such a lensography on Squidoo. At first sight, I thought it was an "About Me" page that would be an account of a lensmaster's professional life. But after having read further, I discovered a hidden library into the page itself. This library gathers all lensmaster WildFacesGallery pages created on Squidoo while at the same time help you discover their lensmaster life. Wild Faces Gallery Art Lensography is definitely a great example of how a lensography can be turned into a really attractive page.

Whenever you plan to have a trip to Bern, Switzerland, you're going to love this page. Whenever you would want to go to Switzerland but can't for whatever reason, you're going to love this page too. In any case, Bern Festivals | Special Events in Bern is a very attractive lens made by lensmaster lakshyaa who's an expat living in Switzerland. The positive aspect of such a lens is that it's been created by a non native and that's what brings more interest. In this page, you are going to learn more about the Berner Fasnacht, the Bern Jazz Festival as well as the sportive events in Bern. 

Sometimes, my friends say that I'm crazy because I love unusual things. Well, I don't like all unusual things of course. But for example, I'd like to have a koala or live in New Zealand. Get the picture? I live in Europe, I'm a very lambda citizen, I'm more of a sedentary person and will probably never put a foot in New Zealand (unless the ocean solidifies) nor have a koala (I couldn't lock a wild animal). In the same mind, I loved the page I'm going to present: Australian Native Flowers, by lensmaster oztoo. By the way, I love his avatar: a koala!!! So, this page presents a collection of unusual (for the European that I am) flowers. In this page, I learned that there are floral emblems for each of the Australian states, I discovered amazing pictures of very unusual flowers and am still wondering if I really want to have a baksia seed pod...


Do you like to read? I do. I read one book a week - it's a minimum especially since I have Internet at home. I couldn't do without reading. Whenever there's nothing interesting in the libraries or in stores, I re-read a old book. There are books that I've read 10 or 20 times! My favorite types of books are History and Agatha Christie genre. So, I went to the lens named How to Buy Books Online and created by lensmaster skiesgreen. When it comes to writing, this lensmaster is extremely productive! So, it would be hard to write an accurate summary in 100 or 200 words but all in all, in this page you will learn where to buy or rent books, by categories, she also details where to rent or buy textbooks, books for children, and even recommends some book readers.

This one attracted me like magnet! It's the kind of topic I adore... calling in sick! In Good (and not so good) Excuses for Calling in Sick; which is a Squidoo page created by lensmaster rms (Robin, who's also a Giant Community Organizer and a Squid Mentor) you're going to discover the Squidoo lensmasters best excuses for calling in sick! Indeed, there's a "duel" module into the lens - a duel module is a module that allows you to add your own comments, you're not obliged to start a fight. Some of them were highly creative and if others didn't call in sick, they know people who did! So, if you want to have a big laugh and add your own excuses, go visit this page!

Besides this, I've got the honor of having my Cute Things to do on Valentine's Day awarded with a purple star! I'll consider this my Valentine's Day and birthday gift! 

On the other hand, I published a brand new lens: Who Invented the Strawberry Shortcake Doll? This lens is an account of the fantastic story of a nice little character, Strawberry Shortcake, born on greeting cards and that became one of the most popular characters of the late 1900's! The lens is part of my Strawberry collection and I plan to publish a new one whether tomorrow or by Monday. Strawberry Shortcake is also known as Charlotte aux Fraises;)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking fantastic, really enjoying your recommendations here. Congratulations too on your purple star!

    ReplyDelete