Search This Blog

10/02/2010

Recently Blessed Lenses on Squidoo


Hi everyone :)
I'm here once again to present the Squidoo lenses I blessed recently. 


Songs Banned by the BBC, lensmaster Waxing-Lyrical
If you're too young to remember that there was a time when radios and TV's banned songs, then you'll like this page. If you do remember those times when songs got banned, then you'll love the page. Waxing-Lyrical built a lens that recalls those wonderful songs - that we all love - and that couldn't be broadcast for whatever reason - most of the time it was because of "closed mind". From A Day in the Life, performed by my beloved Beatles to Je t'aime moi non plus, written and performed by Serge Gainsbourg or the famous Love to Love you Baby by Donna Summer, this page revives those fantastic songs that we still sing nowadays!


The Visitor: Movie Review, by WordCustard
When a talking and smiling little green pear goes to cinema and then reviews the movie she just watched, one never knows what one can expect. Well, I'd say that, even if The Visitor is basically the kind of movie I tend to overlook for some reasons - mainly because I only love comedies that make me roll on the floor - I decided that I HAVE TO watch The Visitor! Can you believe it? Well, the review is fantastic, the layout is done in a way that makes you want to learn more and that prevents you from stop reading. So, if you too would like to learn more about a great movie to watch, then, go to the little green pear's page and enjoy.


Valentines Day Ideas For Kids, lensmaster ToddleTees
Lensmaster ToddleTees is quite new lensmaster and I blessed this page because I suspect this lensmaster of having been a Squid in a previous life - I mean, the page is wonderfully done, the topic is quite interesting and unusual as it relates to Valentine's Day for KIDS and there is a succulent cookie recipe! Oh... I forgot to mention that ToddleTees is a man... and would deserve the status of RocketDad!


Paintings of Blood, Snow and Midnight, by Flynn the Cat
The Cat (he? she? what?) has done it again! Wonderful gallery showing their most splendid red/black/white paintings! What's my review? Well, I would say that I love black and white stuff and, when it comes to paintings, I more than a classic person with classic tastes (still this history stuff, uh!) What this Cat does isn't not classic at all, it's all modern so one could think I wouldn't be interested but I like it. Then when it comes to red, I'm not really fan of this color as main color in a painting (still this anti-violence stuff, uh!) So one can think I wouldn't like this page. But I like it a lot and blessed it! If you like the colors, modern stuff, go to this page, you'll fall in love right away!


Rebirth of a 1918 House, by lensmaster vallain
Lensmaster Vallain's sister got their house damaged by a fire. The house was a 1918 house and as you know, restoring old houses can be not only costly but also really hard as one has to find exactly how things were done so that one can restore them properly. This page includes a diary which starts after the fire and walks you through the process of restoring the house. Then the page changes and becomes a diary of the year 1918 that will teach you a lot of interesting things about this year. So if you too like both old houses and stories, I stronly recommend to visit this page!


Best March Ever: 2010, by lensmaster Strayspay
This page is a page that recaps the special days of March with a special focus on Saint-Patrick. So, if you would like to learn more and get some interesting Saint-Pat's quotes, visit the page, it's the special blessing of the day.


Celebrate Your Child's Adoption Day! by lensmaster adoptiondesigns
This lensmaster is mother to two adopted children and gives you fantastic ideas of gifts to get your newly adopted child so that they feel welcome in their new family. Well not only the idea is generous but the gesture of adopting children is too. So, I blessed this lens for not only the overall layout that is attractive, the gesture, the idea and also because adoptiondesigns is a new lensmaster who created three very nice pages already.



Are you ready for the Spring?

Well, I'm not really ready to start gardening as the Spring isn't close to come here - we just had snow today... Eeeek! I hate snow! Anyway... this doesn't keep me away from planning my next plantations... an so I decided to keep doing something I started last year: growing strawberry plants in pots. I thus planned to buy some new pots, then I'll also buy strawberry pots (these are special pots to grow strawberries but you can use them to grow little flower plants or even herbs!) and I'd like to try to grow strawberries in strawberry pots indoors! That will be a test, of course! I'll keep you update on how it works. 

Next I'm also going to paint the kitchen walls as well as look for a few wall decorating items. The first items I'd like to buy are vintage strawberry pictures as I think that vintage posters do very well as decorating stuff. So, watch out for my gardening news and/or click on the red links included in this strawberry article and visit the related lenses I just created :)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment