Search This Blog

02/02/2010

Juggling with Angel Duties and Squidoo Lens Building


While I'm overbusy with my Angel duties, my online marketing newsletter, my other blogs (a domain name that expired and that I haven't renewed but had to move all sites to another domain) and many other things, I found a way to build two new Squidoo pages: the first one is a coffee cake easy recipe; which I took pictures while my son was preparing the cake. This is a family tradition and there's no birthday party without a Petits Beurre cake (which is the actual name of this coffee cake easy recipe). 

The other Squidoo page I built is a lens that teaches how to grow strawberries in strawberry pots. Actually, since my country is quite rainy, gardens are invaded by snails; which eat everything they find - including my strawberries! So, last year I decided to go for growing strawberries in pots in addition to the strawberries that were growing in the garden. I did very well not only because last year wasn't as rainy as usual (thus almost no snails) but I got a huge production of strawberries! Cream of the crop, the pot decorated the patio very well. This is the reason why this year I'm going to buy more strawberry pots and continue to grow strawberries in strawberry pots

Well, we aren't here to talk about me, of course, so I'm going to start my review of blessed Squidoo lenses.

My Hero - The Person I Admire Most, by lensmaster Stazjia
This page is actually Stazjia's lensography of heroes related lenses. In this page you'll find all links that point to peope she admires, whether Mother Theresa or Nelson Mandela or even her grandmother! If you're interested in sharing Stasjia's hero stories, I suggest you to take an eye to her page and I'm sure you'll love it!

Music of the Renaissance, by lensmaster Ulla_Hennig
Ulla is interested by European culture - I don't think I would be mistaken if I state that she's an expert. And thus she produces high quality culture related lenses. This one relates to music instruments and dance of the Renaissance. You'll learn a lot of things about music instruments like harp, lute, along with information on the dances people used to dance during this era.

Cat Doorstops for Cat Lovers, by lensmaster AddaptAbilities
You're going to see two lenses made by Addy and that I blessed. The first one is Cat Doorstops for Cat lovers. In this page you're going to find a huge number of cat themed doorstops. Indeed, when it comes to cat themed decorating items, there are so many of them that Addy couldn't make a single page about them. So, she started with doorstops... and will keep making cat themed decoration pages! I think that for a shopping page, it's a great one!


What the heck is dyscalculia? by lensmaster Addaptabilities
I have dyscalculia and discovered this page months ago when Addy posted the page for review in the Critique forum. We thus spoke about the problem and shared our own ways to overcome this major problem that would prevent us from studying mathematics or even to work in a position that would imply number manipulation. However, I'm an accountant and finished my accounting studies with 88%! So, is dyscalculia disability or not? Well, actually, computers and digit keyboards saved my career: my fingers know the numbers better than I do! Want to learn more about dyscalculia? Go visit Addy's page. Did I mention that this lens was picked Lens of the Day?

I Hate Emo Kids! >:( by lensmaster Kapalbility
The first time I heard about Emo kids is when I went to Kapalbility's page. I already heard that EQ is on its way to surpass IQ but didn't think that Emo kids were a fashion instead of being a real emotional problem. I hate EQ... I think that it prevents us from seeing the reality. And dreaming and thinking that the world is beautiful, quiet, peaceful is utopy. I only see humans as they are in reality and I'm always asked why I don't see my friends with bright colors - like if I would have take LSD. Well, actually, I see everyone as they are, with their strength and weaknesses, qualities and defaults. It's the only way to not get upset too often and also my way of being happy 98% of the time. Maybe my 140 IQ is responsible for this but I prefer being led by IQ - than being led by EQ. If you want to enter the EQ over IQ debate about kids, go read Kapalbility's page.

Slade Video Showcase 1971-1973, by lensmaster Waxing-Lyrical
Remember the good ol' time of rock'n roll? The good times of good music? The time when cacophony wasn't a standard? When quality was required? Lensmaster Waxing-Lyrical built a page that pays homage to the group Slade, a musical group that hit the top in the 70's! And believe me, the page is very well done, brought me the nostalgia for these old times when music was music and when R&B and all these types of related musics didn't exist - and wasn't nor a dream nor a light in the dark! So, if you're fan of great music, go visit Slade Video Showcase, you'll be glad you did!

Learn To Knit: Video Tutorials for The Beginner, by lensmaster MerryM
Do you know how to knit? Are you interested in learning how to knit? Well, if you do, you'll be delighted by MerryM's page. The overall layout is very nice, the page is well presented and the pictures are very detailed. You won't get frustrated after having read the page and if you're really interested in learning how to knit, you'll get back to the page over and over again as it is a strong reference. And if you don't like or aren't interested in knitting, visit the page, it will give you an overview of how to craft a tutorial lens :)

Happy Valentine's Day, Froggy!by lensmaster Evelyn_Saenz
I blessed this lens because I think it's the most original Valentine's Day topic I've ever seen! I work in the one-day holiday market and wouldn't have think of making such a lens! How did Evelyn come up with this idea? I don't know but she presented the page very well, she selected a bunch of lovely and delightful items and the overall page is exquisite! So, if you're interested in getting a few really creative Valentine's ideas, go visit this page.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment