Search This Blog

06/03/2010

Champion Chase, Teen Suicide, Easter Traditions, Daisies and SquidKiva



Queen Mother Champion Chase by lensmaster GingerAlly
I'm not a big fan of jump racing, whether in my country or anywhere else in the world but I really enjoyed and appreciated to read Queen Mother Champion Chase page on Squidoo. I've thus learned a lot of things, like here it does happen, the history of the Queen Mother Champion Chase, their trainers and jockeys, and many more things. If you are interested in such exhibition, I strongly advise you to go to read this Squidoo page made by lensmaster GingerAlly.

Teen Suicide, by lensmaster strayspay
As parents we shouldn't survive our children and most of them wouldn't want to survive them. Is teen suicide taboo? I think so. Many of us prefer not to think it can happen, not because we don't care, but simply because we definitely don't want our children to kill themselves. Lensmaster strayspay put together a little one-page guide on how to find out as to whether a child is about to commit suicide, the main reasons for such an extreme choice... A must-read.

Easter Traditions by lensmaster pkcmr
pkcmr is a lensmaster whose lenses are always a pleasure to read. In addition, it's a really nice person. He also creates many lenses related to the one-day holiday niche, like I do; which is also a reason to me for having a lot of pleasure when I visit his lenses. Paul always comes up with ideas I never think about - even after a hard braindstorming seance! So, once again, he puzzled me with is fantastic Easter Squidoo page! If you want to learn more about the Easter traditions, you're sure to find more than asked by reading this lens!

Gerbera Daisies: The Best Daisies Ever by lensmaster LeanneChesser
Lensmaster LeanneChesser just created a Squidoo lens related to a flower that was overlooked for many years and that just came back into the trends: the gerbera. I remember that as a child I always loved this flower because it's the only one that allowed me to play that well known little game called "Effeuiller la marguerite"; which is a French game that we, in Europe really enjoy. The principle of this game is to take a gerbera and pick one petal off at a time while saying: "he (she) loves me a little, much, madly, not at all..." You'll determine how much he (she) loves you when there will be no petal left. In this time, gerbera daisies were mostly white... But nowadays, gerbera daisies are colorful! And they definitely add a touch of class to any bouquet! So, I will second lensmaster Leanne and state that Gerbera Daisies are the best daisies ever!


SquidKiva - A Kiva Community for Squidoo Lensmasters by lensmaster kab
This one was Lens of the Day few days ago and I wanted to highlight this fantastic charity! Of course, I blessed the lens as it's one that is helping many people in underdeveloped countries to start their own business and gives hope to them. Hope for getting out poverty and hope for a little light in the dark. If you want to learn more about the Kiva organization, SquidKiva is  the place to go.

Update regarding my websites... My hosting account has been atomised few days ago and thus, I'm starting from scratch! The virus and hacking disaster allowed me to  entirely revamp Easter Bells, a guide to Easter holiday, with a brand new header, a new design (CSS and layout made by me) and I also took advantage of this task to clean the site and remove the old articles that would link to dead sites, etc. Fortunately, Google unlocked the site as well as the one of It's Christmas Time and My Happy Halloween. Christmas and Halloween blogs were moved to Blogger so that they're safe and I don't have to care about a potential hacker. This will allow me to focus on the main sites security.

Now, I'm waiting for Prosperity66.com being unlocked by Google. Prosperitybargains.com will be reupload as soon as I'll come up with an idea for content as I decided to stop my bargain activities as well as take all other sites that aren't one-day holidays and those two sites related for ever. Now, I will have some more time to spend on other's sites and lenses, and within one week I should have plenty of time as the hacking problem should become a thing from the past ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment