Search This Blog

11/03/2010

Live With Yourself, Rise To Candleford, Blarney Stone, Daylight Saving Time, Reaction To Color, Purple Star Award


Learning How To Live With Yourself by boshemia
Do you like yourself? What do you think about yourself? Personally, I've never been crazy about me, lol. Instead, I'm always unsatisfied of myself and what I do so I always criticize me. But it is the best way to bring success? What does it take to become successful in anything you do? What are your thoughts about your previous decisions? In order to peacefully live with yourself, there are some rules and lensmaster boshemia, who is going to make you learn how to live with yourself, knows them very well.


Lark Rise To Candleford by WordCustard
WordCustard, the little green pear did it again! She made a SquidLit - this is a Squidoo lens that comes with a very special template and that relates to literature - about Flora Thompson's "Lark Rise To Candleford" book. Personally, I love anything that dates back centuries ago ; even the past century. I also love anything that's related to England. Well, the book joins both qualities that make me want to read a book. And after having read WordCustard's review, I would say that, for the very first time, I'm ready to read a book in English; which is my third language only. Is it enough to motivate you to visit this lens?


Blarney Stone by JaguarJulie
Saint-Patrick Day is upcoming and Squidoo lensmasters focus on this 24-hour holiday. But JaguarJulie - the Squidoo 400 miles/hour woman - built this lens long ago. Blarney Stone is a a blue stone that lies into Blarney Castle (Ireland). There's a legend that states that if you kiss the Blarney Stone, you'll become an eloquent person. So, have you kissed the Blarney Stone? Well, I don't think JaguarJulie woul dhave kissed the Blarney Stone but she encourages you to do so and is excited getting your thoughts and pictures so that she can add them to this marvelous lens. A really interesting piece of entertainment AND history! Nobody on Squidoo has the same sense of fun than JaguarJulie!


Isn't it time to abolish Daylight Saving Time? by Ener-G
What do you tink about Daylight Saving Time? Personally I categorically hate it!Annual Daylight Saving Time disrupts my hours of sleep, tires me (in October, I hardly stay awakened), perturbs babies and feeding hours, perturbs the children and the hours when they are going to bed and finally, this nasty habit benefits only to the companies which gain more money by making their employees work longer (truck drivers). In addition, I've never noticed a single monetary benefit from DST! This madness has to stop! What do you think of it? Lensmaster Ener-G opened the debate and I definitely recomment to visit this page!


Reaction To Color by Laniann
Did you know that colors have an effect on our mind? Yes? No? Well, actually indeed, it does. Why would marketers and designers use this color instead of this one? For example, in marketing, black color represents luxury; a friend of mine who has a real problem with herself bought a red car - she desperately needs recognition - but red can also be the color of anger. Yellow is a stressing color and blue seems to stick to Blues music with perfection. Why do hospitals havepale green walls? If you want to get an answer, I suggest to visit Reaction to Color by lensmaster Laniann.
 

Today's Special Guest Star:
Purple Star Awards by Norma_Budden
Are you a Giant Squid? Do you want to become a Giant Squid and wonder what are the benefits of this marvelous status? Or simply do you want to learn what's having a Squidoo special status? You've come to the right place! Norma Budden will teach you everything you always wanted to know about the Purple Star; which is one of the Giant status benefits and also calls all Giant Squids to add their Purple Star lenses to her page!

(This Squidoo page was also awarded Lens of the Day!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my lens here, Dom. It is truly appreciated.

    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure, Norma, the lens is very well done and I definitely liked the fact that you explained the Giant status too.

    ReplyDelete