Search This Blog

21/03/2010

Rainy Lake, Minnesota, Eggo Waffles, New Zealand Food, St. Patrick, Horse Paintings

Things to see and do around Rainy Lake, Minnesota by PeteSchultz
I don't like to travel and indeed travel only if I'm obliged to do so; which doesn't happen often. But I really enjoy the discovery of unknown areas (I mean places I've never seen). And so, I've got a lot of pleasure visiting this page that lists the things to see and do around Rainy Lake, Minnesota. "Minnesota", reminded me of my childhood, when I watched the Little House in the Prairie, this is mainly why I clicked on the link, lol. Next, I don't like snow and the second picture I saw on the page was... snow, my personal enemy. Scrolled down a bit and bam! My other enemy: fish! I only love fished on my plate, well cooked, with an excellent sauce or even grilled, otherwise, although my son likes fishing, never tell me anything about fish and fishing ;) Scrolled down and saw kids playing in the snow, people enjoying snow activities (can one really enjoy snow? seems that the answer is yes!) Later on, I see a picture gallery with nice fall pictures, then another one with my best friend ever: water! There are also a bunch of splendid sunset pictures, sunny pictures with persons enjoying summer activities... Oh well, I blessed this lens because it really made me travel out of my home without having to leave it actually. I also really enjoyed looking at all those pictures and loved the overall layout. A must-see!


How Many Different Ways Can You Cook An Eggo? by momto4
When I first saw the link, I wondered why on Earth coulb be "eggo". Thought of eggs, but no, seems that waffles are the actual stars of the lens. OK then, let's go for waffles. Belgians are the kings of waffles and we almost have one type of waffles per region. I was born in Brussels; which produces Brussels Waffles, they're light hot waffles where you put powdered sugar and creme fraƮche. Then we also have Liege Waffles, which are candied waffles, whether hot or not. Mmmm. Delicious! Especially with a cup hot chocolate. However, we don't eat waffles as breakfast. In How many different ways can you cook an eggo, you'll discover a dozen different recipes for eggo waffles improvement. From peanut butter to egg and cheese, if you like such way of cooking waffles, you'll like it. As for me, I couldn't eat peanut butter on a waffle (only put a coat of peanut butter on bread and eat as is because I don't want to become more than overweight). Bad for health but definitely a great lens for the creativity and the bright and highly attractive colors and pictures!


Kiwi Food Quiz - Do You Know New Zealand Food? by Pukeko
How well do you know food that is served in New Zealand? Personally, I learned a lot of things about it while visiting the page. I took the quiz; which was joyful thing and got 60% good answers; mainly because French and British English use the same words or at least the same roots for words. We call a courgette a courgette... We call a Sprite... lemonade, lol. But what is an Afghan? What's a flat white? Kiwi food quiz - Do you know New Zealand food is an entertaining lens that will teach you a lot of things about the NZ food! In addition, you're going to learn more about the famous Pavlova... Visit the lens and have fun!


St. Patrick's Day- Pagan Style! by M_S_Beltran
I would say that, while I understand why Irish do celebrate Saint Patrick, I'll never understand why non Irish would celebrate it. To me it looks like if non-Christians would celebrate Easter or the Canadian Labor Day while I'm a Belgian living in Belgium. Even worse: why would I celebrate the 4th of July when I live in Belgium and am not an US American? This is beyond my comprehension as Saint Patrick was celebrated in Belgium by non-Irish persons... and medias encouraged us to celebrate it. But if you know me a bit, you know that I love 24-hour holidays. And thus, I enjoyed visiting St. Patrick's Day - Pagan Style! This lens will walk you through saint Patrick holiday as it's celebrated nowadays: the pagan way. Let's forget about the debate and the basic motive of the day and just focus on the beauty of this lens, the way the lensmaster crafted and decorated this piece of art. And just enjoy for what it is. And to me, this page is a wonderful holiday related Squidoo page!


The Horse Paintings Of Wild Faces Gallery by WildFacesGallery
Subtitle: The Horse Paintings Of Mona Majorowicz
This lens features WildFacesGallery's favorite horse paintings. I've seen some of her lenses and always loved them and was amazed by her art and creativity. I definitely would appreciate to have some of her painting hanging on my walls! Although it's hard to make decision on which one of her paintings is the most beautiful one, I would say that my favorite painting is Spanish Gold. Obviously, Liberty is a marvelous one too: I love black horses! Well, since I'm a mother, I definitely enjoyed Devotion...  What is or what are your favorite one(s)? Working Girls, Power & Passion, Strength & Glory, Soul (what a seductive name!)... 

2 comments:

  1. I had the good fortune to come across Mona's horse paintings and love them all, although the pretty little white horse Colton is perhaps my favourite. This one is a special painting as it has a sad story with a happy ending. But it is very hard to choose among such beautiful works.

    Now I'll need to visit the other Squidoo lens recommendations you made... Always fun to come here and discover your angel-blessed lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I particularly appreciate with her galleries: the little stories that come with the paintings.
    Thanks for the compliment regarding the angel blog :)

    ReplyDelete