Search This Blog

16/03/2010

Invisible Cupcake, Alice In Wonderland, Animal Totems, Joan Jett, Grassroots Funding

Invisible Cupcake Decoration by Flynn the Cat
This is one of my favorite Squidoo pages ever! The lens begins like any other lens, with a real intro, very nice graphic, catchy title "The Art of Invisible Baking and Decoration: Cupcakes". Err... Not sure of what I've just read. Let's re-read... Yes, I've read well, this is written "The Art of Invisible Baking and Decoration: Cupcakes". The art of what??? Invisible baking and decoration??? Eeeeeeeeeek???? What's that? Ok, let's read on. Still in the introduction, the Cat tells us that we can choose as to whether making plain cupcake base with invisible icing or making both invisible. Still not sure... Oh, yes, there are recipes... they're just "up to you" kind of recipes. At one point, something catches my eyes "Translucent Topping". Translucent, uh? Yeah! Got it! Indeed, the funniest lens I've ever read and that you owe yourself to read too! Not only will you spend a great time but it'll give you many ideas for making invisible cupcake decorations and areas to put them! Indeed, invisible cupcakes match any home style! 


Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Movie Review by Treasures-By-Brenda
As said in a previous post a while ago, I'm not the kind of person who would follow the trends and systematically watch the last trendy movie that everyone and their cat would have watched. This is no-no situation to me! But if I changed my mind regarding Avatar - that my son desperatly wanted to watch and that I finally accepted to watch and, yes, really enjoyed because it talks about something that touches me a lot ; I stay on my position and decided that I won't go watch Alice in Wonderland. Why? Simply because I never liked Alice in Wonderland. Actually, all what happens to Alice always happened to me when I was a little girl and sick. Fever brought horrible nightmares that all looked like the things Alice in Wonderland had to face and deal with. I was attacked by books, rabbits, cards... Anyway, I liked the review made by Brenda, liked the graphics and posters she added to the page and blessed it.


Animal Totems by lensmaster WildFacesGallery
Here's a page that I blessed because it taught me something. While a bit spiritual since I read the Tarot cards and I am a quite sensitive person, I know nothing about animal totems. The only thing I could relate to totems are what my friends who were scouts told me; which is very few things. So I discovered a brand new "universe" and have to say that I definitely enjoyed the time spent reading this lens and looking at the beautiful pieces of art made by lensmaster WildFacesGallery. If you are interested in Animal Totems, you're going to love this Squidoo page!


Joan Jett by 24websurf
She made me think to Suzy Quattro, I loved her hair and loved her songs. What? Didn't catch what you said... Oh, yep, I'm talking about Joan Jett. You know... I love rock'n roll. Lensmaster HOlley made a lens that talks through Joan Jett's career and songs. This is a really well done page, full of information regarding Joan Jett and the time she was a worldwide fame. When I say "worldwide fame" I mean: we only heard her songs on all the radios everywhere in the world! In addition, Holley features Mattel's Joan Jett Barbie girl both prototype and actual doll --> unfortunately between the prototype that looked exactly like Joan Jett and the actual doll that looked like any aesthetically repaired Hollywood actress, there was no comparison... Anyway if you love Joan Jett, you're going to love this lens ; if you would like to learn more about the fav's of the "old people" we, those who have more than 35 years old, you're going to love this lens. Just like I love Rock'n Roll!


Grassroots Funding by MysticTurtle
This page made by lensmaster MysticTurtle is some kind of promotional platform for the Kickstarter organization; which offers monetary support (through donations) for people who have a project and need funds. Kickstarter supports Deb Laubman's Himalaya Rescue Dog Squad Nepal Book Project ; Rachel Cook's Microlending Documentary ; Greg Roden's Food Forward Trailer ; Robby Pettinato's Philos Anthropos, etc. If you want to learn morea bout these projects and how to help, visit Grassroots Funding. It was Lens of the Day and I blessed it because any gesture does count towards success.

PS Flynn... I tried but didn't find Invisible Cupcake Decorations on Amazon... Will shoot them an email asking for adding such decorating items in their catalog!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny, because I found them easily - you must just have been looking right past them!

    (and thank you for the write up! I'm glad you didn't use invisible ink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I tried invisible ink but it wasn't looking good - the blog is pastel colored and invisible ink isn't a matching one. So, used blue ink ;)

    ReplyDelete