Search This Blog

10/01/2010

First Shot of Blessed Squidoo Lenses by your Hostess

Angel (TV series)Image via Wikipedia
As promised here's the first shot of lenses I blessed as a SquidAngel. 


LITERATURE


I Capture the Castle - Novel and Movie, created by lensmaster WordCustard (the talking pear). While I read one book a week (sometimes more) I'm not a fan of novels but this lens walked me through this novel and the adapted movie and gave me the need to find the French version so that I could read it. Well, in all honesty, the word "Castle" attracted the historian that lies in me. Besides this, the lens is very well done and worth a blessing. Which is what I did. 


ARTS


Quilting and the Hopi, created by lensmaster azpoppy. I'm some kind of legitimist  and traditionalist and was attracted by this lens that walks us through the tradition to quilt in the community of the Hopi, who are American Indians. Along with wonderful pictures, we also discover a real historical lens.


American Folk Art, by lensmaster ClassyGals. Still in the same mind, I like to discover other's cultures and have to say that I definitely love American folk arts! So this lens is among those I really like and want to share as well as give some love to. Not only will you learn more about this kind of art but you'll also see a lot of exquisite pictures along with materials to start folk art yourself.


Asterix De Gaul - the Characters, by lensmaster Nickupton. I'm from the capital of comic strips so that kind of lens couldn't do anything else than speak to me! And so it did. I invite you to discover the world of Asterix, the little Gallic man along with his best friend Obelix, who fell into the magical potion when he was young. 


ABOUT ME


Ramkitten's Lensography, by lensmaster Kamkitten. Ramkitten is one of those lensmasters who wouldn't compte against others on a specific topic. She only creates the kind of lenses she likes and doesn't really wonder whether the topic will please or not to other lensmasters. She focuses on her high qualities, the things she likes to do, her life, and seldom creates a "sales" lens. This fantastic lens walks you through her life, her work and I have to say that, both life and work balance each other on this lens.


The Art of Aging Ungracefully, by lensmaster jgelien. This is a very humourous lens that lists the advantages and disadvantages of aging. The lensmaster found a very special way to share everyday things of someone who's aging and you'll laugh all lens long. The lens also won the Fresh Wonders December contest!



HOME


I Hate Hourswork!, by lensmaster theraggededge. I jumped at this lens as soon as I saw its link! I also HATE housework! There was a time someone else did it for me but when I moved to the countryside, I had to do it myself, lol. In this lens, you'll discover an humorous way to apprehend housework and few indispensable tools to help you deal with this horrible task. In the end, you'll realize that whether you still hate housework, it is also a great way to have your home better - maybe lose a little money here and there because you too will want a new kitchen!

Etiquette and Modern Manners, by lensmaster PKCMR, our in-house Charlies' Angel! Did PKCMR know that I'm a bit old-fashioned woman? I don't know but he put this page together and I definitely love it! He does teach good manners, doesn't fight against anyone but just reminds us that a simple "hello" or "thank you" can do someone happy and earn you their respect for the rest of your life. This lens deserves something more than a simple blessing but I'm unfortunately not Prime Minister ;) 


NEWS & POLITICS



Army Wives Pet Peeves, by lensmaster spunkyduckling. This is a wonderful tribute to the US soldiers based in risky areas and their wives. You'll discover what to not say to an army wife, what to say or show to her... Nicole put together this page very well and you won't cry when you'll read it. I'm pretty sure you'll like it as much as I did since the very first day - I was the first lensmaster to critique and comment on the lens, I was happy to have become an angel to get back to it and bless it! 


COMPUTERS


How would he get to my PayPal account if I died tomorrow?, by lensmaster Joan. This is a lens any person who works online should read! It walks you through Joan's journey to prepare her online activities just in case she would die. Well the topic might look a bit scary but actually isn't at all! It's highly interesting and I thank her once again for having put this together!


That's it for today. Enjoy reading these lenses and see you tomorrow for a new shot!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Hi dom,
    I have read some of these lenses here and I know they are great and deserve the blessings they got from you. thanks for featuring my lens here.

    ReplyDelete