Search This Blog

19/01/2010

What Did this Angel Like on Squidoo?

Scan of a Valentine greeting postcard circa 1900.Image via Wikipedia

I didn't post yesterday because I was busy browsings Squidoo pages looking for nice lenses to bless but also because I worked hard building my last Valentine's day page. Eh, while I had pages for V-Day activities, symbols, parties along with gifts for women, I didn't build a page with gifts for men. Error corrected: I built Original Valentines Gift for a Man; which lists men's hot gifts this year


So, what did I like yesterday? Here you are :)


The very first Squidoo page I want to talk about is the one built by lensmaster Kylyssa, a page that gives a really nice list of charities. Oh, charity? Yep... but not the kind of charity you might think. In Atheist Charities, she walks you through a huge number of charities that were born in the name of nobody, just by people who want to help others, with their heart and soul and not because God or any other invisible entity told them to do so! I suggest you to have a visit to this fantastic page, especially if you're tired to give to religious charities and want to learn more about what Atheist Charities do for those in need.


Lensmaster LivingInParis created a page named French R&B. While this is the kind of music I hate with a passion - both English, French or in any other language - I was delighted with her page. This very skilled person details a list of R&B singers that perform their favorite style of "music" in French. After all, I'm a French-speaker, uh! In this page, you'll find information about Hocus Pocus, Seryfa Luna, and many more! Yes, I blessed this page - as you can see, I'm really objective and don't only bless lenses that relate to topics I love ;)



Lensmaster Kimmanleyort just created a wonderful page dedicated to Frank Sinatra's Concept Albums. Not only does Kim write about the topic but she also completed every album listed as she definitely loves the crooner with a passion and knows him very well. It's that kind of professional lens that I really enjoy to read - even while I don't usually appreciate a "shopping lens". This one is definitely a heavy one! 



"When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, ..." Remember that fantastic song? Well, fantastic to me because I'm a proud Aquarius and I love the comedy musical Hair! Ever wondered what is the age of aquarius? Lensmaster a_Willow tells you everything about it in her Squidoo page Age of Aquarius. She also is a proud Aquarius, and we're a few lensmaster that were born with this sing. The best, of couse ;)


Lensmaster WordCustard is very prolific when it comes to Europe and more particularly the Alps. She loves mountains with a passion - as much as I hate them. Not because mountains are what they are but because in addition to my two left hands, I have to left legs and you can bet that whenever I would have to climb the mountains, I would never come back ) instead you would find that I fell in some hole or similar. WordCustard created some kind of map of the Alps Mountains (actually this is a page of a big series) and if you too like the wonderful decor of Swiss, Austrian, French and Italian Alps, you'll be happy to visit her page!


Are you a pet lover with preference for cats? Are you looking for information on how to take care of tabby cats? Then you are welcome to go to Addaptabilities' page. She put together a fantastic page on how to do this and also added a nice touch of humour! 


I'm fond of history and study the French one since I'm 10 years old. Yes, I spent a great part of my childhood learning the French history and never got bored! I've also browsed the history of other European countries - whether because French hegemony or for anothe reason and read a short book about King Ludwig II of Bavaria 20 years ago. But yesterday I came to this fantastic page on Squidoo, made by lensmaster DC64, King Ludwig II of Bavaria. The author did a great job with this page and added fantastic pictures to illustrate the story! If you too like History, I urge you to visit this page and bookmark it. You'll be glad you did!


I am also a wine amateur. I won't pretend I'm a conoisseur but I'm an amateur. And my favorite wines aren't the most expensive ones! I clearly state that one can drink a tasteful wine of a high quality without having to spend a fortune and I personally wouldn't dare to open a bottle of wine if I paid more than 25 euros! Lensmaster kimmanleyort created a nice page named Choosing a Pinot Noir and the kind of meal it would fit best. In this page you'll learn what type of wine is pinot noir and how to choose a good one.


My special guest star - for clearly demonstrated reasons on the page itself - is a page built by Macs. This page relates to things I never faced not only because I don't have such problem but also because I don't like in the USA. Since I don't master the subject, I can't talk through it but I was touched by the story and would like the entire world read it. So, go to Custody Relinquishment, and please, leave a comment to their author.





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment