Search This Blog

21/01/2010

Wednesday January 20th, Blessings from an Angel



Are you fan of games to play at a family reunion? Do you too like these games from those simpler times, the games that everyone would enjoy? Board Games, Card Games, Jigsaw Puzzles by lensmaster Wednesday_Elf lists the best party games for family gatherings or simply, games that you can play when TV doesn't broadcast any interesting program, and that will make you spend a great night with hubby and the kids. From Scrabble to Jigsaw Puzzles, you will re-discover the games you loves so much! 


Local Knows Best, by lensmaster silverhusky is an international project; which purpose is to have you discover lensmasters home towns. The lens already includes a module on Flagstaff, one on Louisiana, one on Hampshire (UK), one on Laiden (NL) another one - mine - on Brussels (BE), on Sonora (CA)... All lensmasters are welcome to visit, leave a link to their own local lens so that the whole wide world gets to know where we all are from!


Another great lens I blessed yesterday is one that relates to the US Southern Route: "Planning a US Road Trip: The Southern Route". I've always heard about the famous Route 66 that goes from Hudson River to California but never seen it in reality, of course - I'm not a globe trotter or even a simple traveler. But I even didn't know that the Southern Route could exist. During my trip on this page, I discovered fantastic landscapes as well as a bunch of interesting links to useful resources on the subject! With this Travel I-10 page, lensmaster Kiwisoutback did a great job!



While having read three books about plantations in the US, I didn't know there would be haunted plantations in America. This might be interesting to visit such plantation, don't you think so? Lensmaster andreaberrios built a page on America most haunted plantations, you'll not only read very interesting accounts but also see some pictures... I enjoyed every minute spent on the page and plan to get back to it as soon as I finish this post!


As I said previously, I'm not a globe-trotter but France is near my country, and the Pays de Loire is not so far from my home town. Since I'm fond of French History and study it since my early childhood, I couldn't do else than recommending this fantastic Squidoo page dedicated to the top 10 Châteaux de la Loire. You'll discover Chenonceaux, Chambord, Ussé and many other legendary castles of France. This is a MUST see page on Squidoo, created by lensmaster Janices7.


Seems that for someon who doesn't like to move from their home town, I traveled a lot yesterday! I love lemon, I love sip a tiny glass liquor in the evening while watching a movie or after a family gathering dinner. When lemon and liquor meet each other, it does become Limoncello. And Limoncello is an Italian speciality. Lensmaster KimGiancaterino built a fantastic page dedicated to Italian Limoncello, Limoncello di Capri - not only will you discover the story behind this liquor but you'll also discover Capri, the town here this Limonchello was born! All I can say is follow Kim in her journey in Italy, you'l love it as much as I do and will get back over and over again!


I blessed a promising lens from a promising lensmaster this morning and would like to feature it on my blog. Colorado Vacation: Sea level to 14,000 feet is lensmaster DeborahLynne's very first lens and, for sure, a very well done page that relates to the Colorado Mountains. I don't like mountains but just like lensmaster WordCustard did with her Alps series, DeborahLynne makes me like mountains... 


Let's Stop Polluting the Ocean, by lensmaster Kimmanleyort. While blue, this page is a green one, an eco-friendly message, some kind of protect the environment claim agains plastic bottled water. Kim details very well what plastic bottles do become after use and why you should avoid using them! Indeed, she's right - but could we live without platic? For instance, in my country, we have a garbage service that gathers plastic, Tetrapack and aluminium items twice a month - just place the bags in the street, they'll take them away, then these bags full of plastic and non organic garbage is sent to recycling companies that recycle them - they create a bunch of things. But indeed, how big is that garbage bag? On the assumption the service comes to an end, what are we going to do with our plastic, aluminium and other items? Kim's lens is interesting as it does ask the right question... 


Today's guest star - that I blessed - is Making Sense of Monotropism
built by lensmaster KarenTBTEN. 
This is a fantastic testimony and thus real story that you owe yourself to read.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment