Search This Blog

08/01/2010

Hello and Welcome to My Job as an Angel on Squidoo

Hi :)


My name is Dom, I live in Belgium and am a single mother. I am also a proud Squidoo lensmaster and definitely addicted to this site!


I started "Squidoo-ing" three years ago after having joined the 30 Day Challenge run by Ed Dale. They recommended Squidoo as a "Web 2.0 blogging platform". Unfortunately, I had no clue at how building quality lenses and few months later, left Squidoo aside and focused on my niche websites - I run holidays related sites - no vacation but well Halloween, Christmas, etc.


From time to time, I created a lens on Squidoo and one year ago, I had a collection of more or less 25 lenses. 


Oh, you might wonder "what is a lens?" Actually a lens is a Web page. On Squidoo, we call that web page a lens. 


So, one year ago, I reviewed my lenses and improved them. I also joined the Squidoo forum and learned what it does take to make a good lens. Therefore, I thought of becoming what Squidoo calls a Giant Squid; which is some kind of quality label. Being hyper-active in the forum, I reviewed a lot of lenses and suggested improvements to make to fresh lensmasters. 


Then, I joined the Giant Squid Challenge and a group that teaches Fresh Squids (Fresh Wonders) how to create good lenses and lend a hand to my fellow lensmasters. But I wanted to do more... 


When I come up to a lens that is wonderful, I'd like to give more love than a 5 stars rating and a nice comment... Squidoo had a solution: they have a gang called "SquidAngels" who have the power to bless a lens; which is a great way to tell someone their work is amazing!


Yesterday, January 7th, I learned that I became both a Giant Squid and a SquidAngel.


This is the reason why I created this blog. 


Here you're going to follow me in my quest of the perfect lens. I'll list the lenses I blessed along with a short intro so that you'll know whether you'd like to visit them. 


I hope you'll like this blog and will come back over and over again.


And, by the way, if you too want to share your knowledge, your tips, your favorite crafts, games, activities with the whole wide world, if you too would like to create pages that are hosted for free and can earn you and charities some money in the process, feel free to join Squidoo, introduce yourself in the forum, create your first Squidoo lens and as all our fellow lensmasters for their suggestions on how to improve. You'll get quickly addicted and will also have the opportunity to become a Giant Squid or... a SquidAngel... or both!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again Dom, you will make a fantastic Giant, mentor, and a wonderful Angel! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cynthia! Congrats to you too who are a terrific lensmaster and will surely will be the most wonderful Angel!

    ReplyDelete